[i2rs] Ben Campbell's No Objection on draft-ietf-i2rs-protocol-security-requirements-08: (with COMMENT)

"Ben Campbell" <ben@nostrum.com> Thu, 18 August 2016 02:45 UTC

From: Ben Campbell <ben@nostrum.com>
To: The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2016 19:45:04 -0700
Cc: jhaas@pfrc.org, i2rs@ietf.org, i2rs-chairs@ietf.org, draft-ietf-i2rs-protocol-security-requirements@ietf.org
Subject: [i2rs] Ben Campbell's No Objection on draft-ietf-i2rs-protocol-security-requirements-08: (with COMMENT)

Ben Campbell has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-i2rs-protocol-security-requirements-08: No Objection

introductory paragraph, however.)

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-i2rs-protocol-security-requirements/

COMMENT:

Version 8 resolved my discuss point for section 3.4. Thanks!

I don't think it resolved my discuss point for 3.2. I'm clearing anyway,
because I think my point has been made. I would prefer the language to
say that anything not explicitly marked as non-confidential in the
relevant data model MUST be sent over a protected transport. But I will
leave it to the authors to do the right thing.

I will leave my non-discuss comments below for reference. I think version
8 resolves at least some of them. Any remaining are up to you; none of
them are show stoppers.

-2.1: I am on the fence about other's comments about copying definitions
here--but if you do copy them here, it seems strange to not mention
"client" or "agent".

I agree with Alissa about equating privacy and confidentiality.

-3.1,:
I’m confused by the first paragraph. I don’t find strings of the form of
SEC-REQ-XX in 7921. I think _this_ doc sets these requirements, right?

It’s not clear to me how 5 and 6 differ. Is it just a matter of the
additional “before establishing a connection” part in 6?

-3.4: Isn't 15 simply a restatement of the third item under 14?

3.5: The  MAYs in 19 and 20 seem like statements of fact. (That is, do
they simply recognize reality, or to they  grant permission?)