Re: [i2rs] Comments on Ephemeral-REQ-07 (local config vs. ephemeral)

Yasuhiro Ohara <yasu@nttv6.jp> Wed, 20 July 2016 11:12 UTC

Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2016 13:12:14 +0200
To: andy@yumaworks.com
From: Yasuhiro Ohara <yasu@nttv6.jp>
Cc: rwilton@cisco.com, i2rs@ietf.org, jclarke@cisco.com, shares@ndzh.com, 7riw77@gmail.com
Subject: Re: [i2rs] Comments on Ephemeral-REQ-07 (local config vs. ephemeral)

I think I tend to agree with Andy.

I couldn't read all the draft yet so I may be missing something important,
please correct me then.

First, I think we definitely is going to need the re-evaluation of
all routes when the client priority changes.
(I think this is against the WG's discussion today)

Given that the priority of Local-config: 5 and of Client-A: 8,
suppose we have:

A.B.C.D/M nexthop Y, by Client-A, priority 8 (best)
A.B.C.D/M nexthop X, by Local-config, priority 5

then Client-A changed its priority to 3.

If we don't re-evaluate:
A.B.C.D/M nexthop Y, by Client-A, priority 3 (best)
A.B.C.D/M nexthop X, by Local-config, priority 5
which is very odd situation to me.

With re-evaluation:
A.B.C.D/M nexthop X, by Local-config, priority 5 (best)
A.B.C.D/M nexthop Y, by Client-A, priority 3
I think this should be the correct behavior.

Similar things happen if we have Client-B with priority 6.

I think we should have the list of clients in the agent.
Client-A: priority 8
Client-B: priority 6

Then all the client have to do to change his priority
is to let the agent know that the change of priority 8->3.
That will be way much less from the huge traffic that we would
be needed to change when millions of routes are related
to the Client-A.

I may be missing the context totally... sorry in the case.

Best regards,
Yasu