Re: [i2rs] WG LC for requirement documents (10/6 to 10/20/2015) -

"Susan Hares" <shares@ndzh.com> Thu, 15 October 2015 15:40 UTC

From: Susan Hares <shares@ndzh.com>
To: 'Juergen Schoenwaelder' <j.schoenwaelder@jacobs-university.de>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2015 11:39:54 -0400
Cc: 'Jeffrey Haas' <jhaas@pfrc.org>, "'Carlos Pignataro (cpignata)'" <cpignata@cisco.com>, i2rs@ietf.org, 'Alia Atlas' <akatlas@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [i2rs] WG LC for requirement documents (10/6 to 10/20/2015) -

Juergen:

Short answers:

·         Yes, Ephemeral state will have to go through another WG LC after we complete section 3.5: Minimal components of the I2RS protocol.

·         Yes, you are correct that it was interested parties in the NETCONF/NETMOD groups.

Long-answer:

The full scope of ephemeral state requirements seems to be coalescing, but it then important to reduce this long laundry list to a reasonable first cut.  This is what section 3.5 is supposed to provide.

Can you provide any review the other components of Ephemeral state without the minimal requirements for NETCONF?

I also would like aid in refining the minimal set of requirements for RESTCONF:

·         I have posted the question of whether "all-or-nothing" works for the I2RS agent which is the normal methodology for a NETCONF server.

·         Where should we allow the ephemeral key word?  - at the Node level, module level

·         Other questions have been raised on the tradeoffs between speed versus risk on “limited validation”?  Can we eliminate things for modules which most go fast?  Should we remove MUST statements or instance identifiers?

All these things are part of reducing the total requirements to the minimal subset for NETCONF.

Sue