Re: [i2rs] Review of draft-ietf-i2rs-ephemeral-state-11

"Susan Hares" <shares@ndzh.com> Fri, 01 July 2016 13:18 UTC

From: Susan Hares <shares@ndzh.com>
To: 'Martin Bjorklund' <mbj@tail-f.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2016 09:17:36 -0400
Cc: rwilton@cisco.com, i2rs@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [i2rs] Review of draft-ietf-i2rs-ephemeral-state-11

Martin:

I did miss your point.   I will update to Rob's suggestion after you have
reviewed the following case:

I2RS client1 ---> netconf server - does not have permission write ephemeral
configuration for I2RS RIB
I2RS client2 --> netconf server  - does have permission to write ephemeral
configuration for I2RS RIB

Can this be handle via some NETCONF / RESTCONF feature?  Is it a NACM
scheme?

Sue

Update (planned in I2RS ephemeral version 13)

Ephemeral-REQ-08:In addition to config true/false, there MUST be a
way to indicate that YANG schema nodes represent ephemeral state.
It is desirable to allow for, and have to way to indicate, config
false YANG schema nodes that are writable operational state.