Re: [i2rs] 'network type' placement and RFC8345

Susan Hares <shares@ndzh.com> Fri, 25 September 2020 22:11 UTC

From: Susan Hares <shares@ndzh.com>
To: 'tom petch' <ietfc@btconnect.com>, 'Qin Wu' <bill.wu@huawei.com>
Cc: i2rs@ietf.org
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2020 18:11:21 -0400
Subject: Re: [i2rs] 'network type' placement and RFC8345

Tom:

This issue is one that I debated with the TEAS group since there are two

Deborah suggested that CCAMP was the expert. The original authors wanted it
to go to TEAS and CCAMP.   TEAS felt CCAMP and WSON should go under the
TE-Topology.   Since TEAS has control over a great deal of these drafts, the
TEAS won.

This is not a clear logical reason but perhaps the TEAS people will provide
you with their reasoning.

The reason I backed off on forcing specific instruction into RFC8345 is that
the debates were still in full discussion mode.   I had hoped we would come
back and add detail later.

Sue