Re: [i2rs] Stephen Farrell's Discuss on draft-ietf-i2rs-protocol-security-requirements-14: (with DISCUSS and COMMENT)

"Susan Hares" <shares@ndzh.com> Thu, 29 September 2016 12:08 UTC

From: "Susan Hares" <shares@ndzh.com>
To: "'Stephen Farrell'" <stephen.farrell@cs.tcd.ie>, "'The IESG'" <iesg@ietf.org>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2016 08:05:56 -0400
Cc: jhaas@pfrc.org, i2rs@ietf.org, i2rs-chairs@ietf.org, draft-ietf-i2rs-protocol-security-requirements@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [i2rs] Stephen Farrell's Discuss on draft-ietf-i2rs-protocol-security-requirements-14: (with DISCUSS and COMMENT)

Stephen:

Version 15 has the following added:

SEC-REQ-16:  The I2RS protocol makes use of both
secure and insecure transports, but this use MUST NOT be
done in any way that weakens the secure transport protocol
used in the I2RS protocol or other contexts that
do not have this requirement for mixing secure
and insecure modes of operation.

I tweaked the English in your text.  Does this satisfy your discuss?  If so, will you remove your DISCUSS.   I am working on version -16 to resolve your comments.

Sue Hares