Re: [i2rs] WG Adoption call for draft-hares-i2rs-service-topo-dm-04 (1/26 to 2/9/2015)

"Scharf, Michael (Nokia - DE)" <michael.scharf@nokia.com> Fri, 19 February 2016 12:55 UTC

From: "Scharf, Michael (Nokia - DE)" <michael.scharf@nokia.com>
To: EXT Susan Hares <shares@ndzh.com>, "i2rs@ietf.org" <i2rs@ietf.org>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2016 12:54:56 +0000
x-originating-ip: [135.239.27.41]
Cc: 'Jeffrey Haas' <jhaas@pfrc.org>, 'Alia Atlas' <akatlas@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [i2rs] WG Adoption call for draft-hares-i2rs-service-topo-dm-04 (1/26 to 2/9/2015)

Sorry for the delayed response - I am travelling. And many thanks for your feedback.

I believe that my comments are not sufficiently addressed in -06, apart from the small nits and low hanging fruits. Given that all the major issues are still all unsolved, I continue to object to a WG adoption of the draft.

I am familiar with actual implementations of related systems and it is not possible for me to understand how this YANG model should be implemented, i.e., an interoperable implementation of this specification is not possible as far as I can tell. Significant additional explanation + examples and a much more consistent and precise definition of the YANG model would be required to allow understanding how an implementation of this specification should look like. I believe this work has to happen prior to WG adoption. I also suspect that this exercise could affect significant parts of the YANG model as well, but this is difficult to know as the scope of the YANG model is fuzzy to me.

For more details, see below [MS]. I have briefly read version -06 as well and version -06 does not address my main concerns.