Re: [i2rs] Ben Campbell's No Objection on draft-ietf-i2rs-protocol-security-requirements-08: (with COMMENT)

"Susan Hares" <shares@ndzh.com> Thu, 18 August 2016 02:55 UTC

From: Susan Hares <shares@ndzh.com>
To: 'Ben Campbell' <ben@nostrum.com>, 'The IESG' <iesg@ietf.org>
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2016 22:54:37 -0400
Cc: jhaas@pfrc.org, i2rs@ietf.org, i2rs-chairs@ietf.org, draft-ietf-i2rs-protocol-security-requirements@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [i2rs] Ben Campbell's No Objection on draft-ietf-i2rs-protocol-security-requirements-08: (with COMMENT)

Ben:

I'd be glad to take any further suggestions on section 3.2 that improves it for you.  Does modifying this section from

Old/
A non-secure transport can be used for publishing telemetry data
or other operational state that was specifically indicated to
non-confidential in the data model in the Yang syntax.
/

New/
A non-secure transport can be used for publishing telemetry data
or other operational state that was specifically indicated to
non-confidential in the data model in the Yang syntax.
Anything not specifically marked as "non-confidential" MUST
be transmitted over a secure transport connection.
/

Help your concerns on version 3.2?

Sue