Directory project discussions

Alan Emtage <bajan@bunyip.com> Mon, 08 November 1993 22:32 UTC

Sender: ietf-archive-request@IETF.CNRI.Reston.VA.US
From: Alan Emtage <bajan@bunyip.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 1993 15:26:55 -0500
To: iafa@bunyip.com
Subject: Directory project discussions

Hi All,
	Most of you probably saw the announcement of the pilot project
that we (Bunyip) have initiated for the use of the IAFA templates to
collect information from anonymous FTP sites. I have gotten quite a good
response on this from the Internet community and I thought that this
mailing list might be the place to carry on a discussion of the project.

Of course we can set up an alternate mailing list here and some people
may have concerns about using this list to discuss the project of a
commercial entity, but I believe that as the first "real world"
application of the work that we (IAFA) have done on the templates that
this may be the best place. Comments?  Suggestions? Objections?

--
-Alan

Alan Emtage,				"The Left in Canada is more gauche
Bunyip Information Systems,		 than sinister"
Montreal, CANADA			 -The Economist

bajan@bunyip.com
Voice: +1 (514) 875-8611		Fax: +1 (514) 875-8134