Re: filenaming proposal for IAFA description files

Aydin Edguer <edguer@alpha.ces.cwru.edu> Wed, 21 October 1992 01:36 UTC

Sender: ietf-archive-request@IETF.NRI.Reston.VA.US
From: Aydin Edguer <edguer@alpha.ces.cwru.edu>
Subject: Re: filenaming proposal for IAFA description files
To: iafa@cc.mcgill.ca
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 1992 19:38:46 -0400

> Now, this filename will obviously have to be different for ...

Well, after reading over the new iafa-doc2, I have yet another suggestion
to make.  Rather than limiting the names of the IAFA- files to a particular
name/extension/case, I suggest you have a single file that meets all the
restrictions of known operating system names.  This single file will give
the mapping from IAFA- document name to system dependent name.  Software
that is doing mirroring could then grab the one known name file, parse
its contents and use that to obtain the other IAFA- documents.  This may
[I hope] help in the automation of IAFA- data.

Implementable?

Aydin Edguer