Re: Draft progression

Alan Emtage <bajan@bunyip.com> Fri, 26 August 1994 03:40 UTC

Sender: ietf-archive-request@IETF.CNRI.Reston.VA.US
From: Alan Emtage <bajan@bunyip.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 1994 22:50:39 -0400
To: Markus Stumpf <stumpf@informatik.tu-muenchen.de>
Subject: Re: Draft progression
Cc: m.koster@nexor.co.uk, iafa@bunyip.com

Hi Markus,

> Thanks for adding my name to the masthead. Could you please change
> "University of Munich" to "Munich University of Technology" ???
> The are two unis in Munich and the "University of Munich" is the other
> one ;)

No problem. Done.

> |>	I have reviewed your comments about the current draft. You bring
> |>up a set of interesting points which I think require resolution. The
> |>question is can we make any significant changes to the document at this
> |>point, or do we have to keep certain things the way they are in order to
> |>preserve installed base? Since we are now starting to use the IAFA
> |>templates here, this is something that concerns me.
>
> We are now at about 6200 template files with various draft levels :/
> We will have to convert them all, too :/
>
> But I think we should get as much changes as possible in the next draft.
> If we'll find some time within the next week to have some discussion on
> the interesting points, we could get it in the next draft. I don't know
> of any other site/institution besides our FTP-server and Martijn's ALIWEB
> that use IAFA currently, so the changes should not do any harm to others.
> And I think it's better and easier to change it now than later.

Fine.... if the group is OK with that then I don't have any problems with
it.

> First some quick corrections:
> --------------------
> 3.6.3 MISCELLANEOUS
>
> could we please drop "Short-Title:".

Actually, I'd prefer to leave it in, the reason being that it is very
possible that these templates will be used to "index" journal articles
that their authors will be putting on the 'net. In many cases the full
titles of these articles can be very long, however are often referred to by
their more abbreviated title (ie, the "Short-Title").

> there is a
> 	URN		Uniform Resource Identifier
> I am currently not uptodate with the URI mailing list, but I think
> this should read URI, as URI is used throughout the rest of the draft.

Sorry, that was a leftover of a previous editing pass.

> --------------------
> 3.7.2 LARCHIVE
>
> in the example
>
> Owner-Organization:	should read	Owner-Organization-Name:
> Organization-Type:	should read	Owner-Organization-Type:
> Record-Last-Modified:	should be splitted
> 				Record-Last-Modified-Name:
> 				Record-Last-Modified-Email:

Done.

> --------------------
> 3.8.3 SERVICES
>
> in example 1
>
> Template-Type: SERVICES	should read	Template-Type: SERVICE
> Last-Modified-Name:	should read	Record-Last-Modified-Name:
> Last-Modified-Email:	should read	Record-Last-Modified-Email:
> Last-Modified-Date:	should read	Record-Last-Modified-Date:
>
> in example 2
>
> Template-Type: SERVICES	should read	Template-Type: SERVICE

Done. I have converted all "SERVICES" to "SERVICE" and made the above
changes.

> --------------------
> 3.8.4 DOCUMENTS, ...
>
> example 1:
>
> Abstract:		should read	Description:

Done.

> Access-Method:		doesn't show up in the description of the fields

Right....hmm.  I have modified the draft so that the URI is a variant.
This will allow us to have a generic method of specifying how to access
the information.

> Last-Revision-Date: and Library-Catalog are variant fields, shouldn't
> they get a -v?: ?? Or can one omit the -v* if it applies to all variations?

Correct. See section 3.2 paragraph 4.

> example 2:
>
> Abstract:		should read	Description:
> and Abstract: is there two times.
> There is also an Access-Method-v0: (see above)

Fixed.

> Some suggestions I *really* would like to have :)
>
> 1) could we please make URI a variant field and allow it to be a shorthand
>    for Access-Host-Name, Access-Host-Port, Access-Method and Location?

Done. I have removed Access-Host-Name, Access-Host-Port and
Access-Method, Host-Name and Host-Port as well as Protocol. They are now
all under URI (which is variant). Location has been modified to be
Source-URI and Destination-URI and are variant.

I have made some changes in the Email conventions as well. They are now
to be specified as a Email URL, which is the same as a standard email
address prefixed by "mailto:".

> 2) 3.8.4
>    [ ... ] Suggestions for this types include
>    [ ... ] Other names may be constructed as necessary
>
>    I think the draft should be a bit more specific if one is completely
>    free to add new types oneself or if it is thought as "may be added in
>    future releases of this document".

I have added the "future releases" language. However, we should make sure
that we've covered all the bases here and that we haven't left any major
object type out.

> If we dare and go one step on, I'd suggest a new cluster OBJECT which
> would take fields like
> Format: Size: Language: Character-Set: ISBN: ISSN: Protocol: Host-Name:
> Host-Port: Pathname: Library-Catalog: Method: URI:
> that really apply to a specific "object" that shares a same functionality
> but maybe e.g. a binary for suns, decs, hps, sgi, or source code, or
> as in the example it may be the same book in different encodings or
> languages. But then all of the above fields may be different, while the
> Author:, Admin, Description fields would be the same.

I agree that we should probably have a cluster for the more common
elements that could be used in a number of different situations. However,
I think in your examples above, you've cast your net a little wide (for
example, very few things other than books are going to have ISBNs, by
definition). Let's see if we can come up a with a small, standard set.

I have included below a diff between what I posted yesterday, and these
new changes. This document is almost 1900 lines long, so I'm sure I have
messed up somewhere in the changes... please tell me where :-)

-Alan

*** draft-ietf-iiir-publishing-01.txt	Wed Aug 24 12:50:50 1994
--- draft-ietf-iiir-publishing-02.txt	Thu Aug 25 22:37:14 1994
***************
*** 4,10 ****
  							      M. Koster
  								  Nexor
  							      M. Stumpf
! 						   University of Munich

                                                                 May 1994

--- 4,10 ----
  							      M. Koster
  								  Nexor
  							      M. Stumpf
! 					Munich University of Technology

                                                                 May 1994

***************
*** 211,223 ****
     1.3 DIRECTORY SERVICES AND UNIFORM RESOURCE IDENTIFIERS

     Work is currently underway for the construction of what are known as
!    "Uniform Resource Identifiers" [3]. These will be structured strings
     whose purpose is to uniquely identify any resource on the Internet to
     determine access and identification information for that resource.
     This not only includes documents, software packages etc., but also
     images, interactive services and physical resources. This concept has
!    been integrated into the data templates described below, however no
!    examples of an actual URI are included.

     As this document is written, there are currently no ubiquitous
     directory services on the Internet. However, it is likely that in the
--- 211,224 ----
     1.3 DIRECTORY SERVICES AND UNIFORM RESOURCE IDENTIFIERS

     Work is currently underway for the construction of what are known as
!    "Uniform Resource Identifiers". These will be structured strings
     whose purpose is to uniquely identify any resource on the Internet to
     determine access and identification information for that resource.
     This not only includes documents, software packages etc., but also
     images, interactive services and physical resources. This concept has
!    been integrated into the data templates. While it is expected that
!    ultimately location independent objects will be used, the examples in
!    this document utilize the Uniform Resource Locators as defined in [3].

     As this document is written, there are currently no ubiquitous
     directory services on the Internet. However, it is likely that in the
***************
*** 306,317 ****

     The following clusters have been identified.

!       2.2.1 INDIVIDUALS AND GROUPS

!       In order to describe each individual or group in a particular
!       template, the following common data element subcomponents are
!       defined. To avoid being repetitive, "individual" in this context
!       should be read as "individual or group".

          - Name of individual.

--- 307,316 ----

     The following clusters have been identified.

!       2.2.1 INDIVIDUALS

!       In order to describe each individual in a particular template, the
!       following common data element subcomponents are defined.

          - Name of individual.

***************
*** 352,358 ****
          - Name of organization.

  	- Type of organization to which this individual or group belongs
! 	  (University, commercial organization etc.)

          - Postal address of organization.

--- 351,357 ----
          - Name of organization.

  	- Type of organization to which this individual or group belongs
! 	  (University, commercial organization etc.).

          - Postal address of organization.

***************
*** 504,510 ****

     The following categories have been identified.

!       2.4.1 SERVICES

  	- The archive can offer an overall description of each the various
  	  Internet services offered by your organization's systems, along
--- 503,509 ----

     The following categories have been identified.

!       2.4.1 SERVICE

  	- The archive can offer an overall description of each the various
  	  Internet services offered by your organization's systems, along
***************
*** 530,545 ****

          - Short title of service.

!         - Name of host providing service.

!         - Protocol used by service.

-         - Port number of service.
-
- 	- Required access protocol (telnet, FTP, etc.),
-
-         - Contact information for service administration.
-
          - A description of the service.

  	- Authentication information (login name, password etc. if
--- 529,538 ----

          - Short title of service.

! 	- URI of service

! 	- Contact information for service administration.

          - A description of the service.

  	- Authentication information (login name, password etc. if
***************
*** 746,754 ****
     To facilitate the machine readability of certain data elements, the
     following syntax applies.

!    1) All electronic mail (Email) addresses must be as defined in RFC
!       822, Section 6. Names and comments may be included in the Email address.

        For example:

  	   "John Doe" <jd@ftp.bar.org>
--- 739,752 ----
     To facilitate the machine readability of certain data elements, the
     following syntax applies.

!    1) All electronic mail (Email) addresses must be as defined as a
!       "mailto" URI as defined in [3]. This takes the form of the string:

+ 		mailto:<rfc 822 address>
+
+       where <rfc 822 address> is defined in RFC 822, Section 6 [10].
+       Names and comments may be included in the Email address.
+
        For example:

  	   "John Doe" <jd@ftp.bar.org>
***************
*** 755,762 ****
  		   or
  	   jd@ftp.bar.org

!       are valid Email addresses.

     2) All hostnames are to be given as Fully Qualified Domain Names as
        defined in RFC 1034, Section 3.

--- 753,767 ----
  		   or
  	   jd@ftp.bar.org

!       are valid Email addresses and would be writen as:

+       	mailto:"John Doe" <jd@ftp.bar.org>
+ 		   or
+ 	mailto:jd@ftp.bar.org
+
+       respectively.
+
+
     2) All hostnames are to be given as Fully Qualified Domain Names as
        defined in RFC 1034, Section 3.

***************
*** 1085,1091 ****
                                  record that would facilitate users' finding
                                  this resource.

!         URN                     Uniform Resource Identifier.

--- 1090,1096 ----
                                  record that would facilitate users' finding
                                  this resource.

!         URI                     Uniform Resource Identifier.

***************
*** 1192,1198 ****
     Admin-Work-Postal:	PO Box. 6977, Marinetown, PA 17602
     Admin-Work-Phone:	+1 717 555 1212
     Admin-Work-Fax:	+1 717 555 1213
!    Admin-Email:		FTP@bar.org
     Owner-Organization-Name:	Beyond All Recognition Foundation
     City:		Lampeter
     State:		Pennsylvania
--- 1197,1203 ----
!    Admin-Email:		mailto:FTP@bar.org
     Owner-Organization-Name:	Beyond All Recognition Foundation
     City:		Lampeter
     State:		Pennsylvania
***************
*** 1200,1206 ****
     Latitude-Longitude:	-37.24.43/+121.58.54
     Timezone:		-0400
     Record-Last-Modified-Name:	John X. Doe
!    Record-Last-Modified-Email:	johnd@bar.org
     Record-Last-Modified-Date:	Mon, Feb 10 92 22:43:31 EST
     Update-Frequency:	10
     Access-Times:	02:00 GMT / 08:00 GMT  18:00 GMT / 21:00 GMT
--- 1205,1211 ----
!    Record-Last-Modified-Email:	mailto:johnd@bar.org
     Record-Last-Modified-Date:	Mon, Feb 10 92 22:43:31 EST
     Update-Frequency:	10
     Access-Times:	02:00 GMT / 08:00 GMT  18:00 GMT / 21:00 GMT
***************
*** 1288,1295 ****
        An example of a LARCHIVE record:

        Template-Type:	    LARCHIVE
!       Owner-Organization:   Orymonix Incorporated
!       Organization-Type:    Commercial
        Host-Alias:           oxymoron-x.co.uk
        Access-Policy:	    This archive is open to general access
--- 1293,1300 ----
        An example of a LARCHIVE record:

        Template-Type:	    LARCHIVE
!       Owner-Organization-Name:   Orymonix Incorporated
!       Owner-Organization-Type:   Commercial
        Host-Alias:           oxymoron-x.co.uk
        Access-Policy:	    This archive is open to general access
***************
*** 1298,1308 ****
  			    contained in this archive is in the
  			    public domain
        Admin-Name:	    Ima Admin
!       Admin-Email:	    imaa@oxymoron.com.uk
        Admin-Work-Phone:     +44 71 123 4567
        Admin-Work-Fax:	    +44 71 123 5678
        Admin-Postal:	    555 Marsden Road, London, SE15 4EE
!       Record-Last-Modified: Yuri Tolstoy <yt@snafu.com.uk>
        Record-Last-Modified-Date:	Mon, Jun 21 93 17:03:23 EDT
        Update-Frequency:     20
        Keywords:	    	    Militarism, Post Office, Conservatism
--- 1303,1314 ----
!       Admin-Email:	    mailto:imaa@oxymoron.com.uk
        Admin-Work-Phone:     +44 71 123 4567
        Admin-Work-Fax:	    +44 71 123 5678
        Admin-Postal:	    555 Marsden Road, London, SE15 4EE
!       Record-Last-Modified-Name: Yuri Tolstoy
!       Record-Last-Modified-Email: mailto:yt@snafu.com.uk
        Record-Last-Modified-Date:	Mon, Jun 21 93 17:03:23 EDT
        Update-Frequency:     20
        Keywords:	    	    Militarism, Post Office, Conservatism
***************
*** 1340,1346 ****

        Record-Last-Verified-Date:      The date this record was last verified.

!       Reference-Location-v*:	      The starting point. This is the initial
  				      site the package can be found of.
  				      As there may be more than one file
  				      or directory belonging to this
--- 1346,1352 ----

        Record-Last-Verified-Date:      The date this record was last verified.

!       Reference-URI-v*:	      The starting point. This is the initial
  				      site the package can be found of.
  				      As there may be more than one file
  				      or directory belonging to this
***************
*** 1347,1359 ****
  				      package this is a -v* type. Specified
                                        as an URI. (See Note <1>)

!       Source-Location-v*:	      The location the package is mirrored
                                        from. This may itself be a mirror
! 				      site of Reference-Location or
!                                       another Source-Location. Specified
  				      as an URI.

!       Destination-Location-v*:	      The location the package can be found
                                        locally. Specified as an URI.

        Timezone:                       The timezone this site is in. (see
--- 1353,1365 ----
  				      package this is a -v* type. Specified
                                        as an URI. (See Note <1>)

!       Source-URI-v*:	      The location the package is mirrored
                                        from. This may itself be a mirror
! 				      site of Reference-URI or
!                                       another Source-URI. Specified
  				      as an URI.

!       Destination-URI-v*:	      The location the package can be found
                                        locally. Specified as an URI.

        Timezone:                       The timezone this site is in. (see
***************
*** 1366,1372 ****
        Update-Time:                    The time of day the update is started.
  				      This is important for chained
                                        updates, i.e. sites using this
! 				      site as Source-Location.

        Update-Policy:		      This is how the update is done. There are
                                        a few valid keywords. See Note <3> for
--- 1372,1378 ----
        Update-Time:                    The time of day the update is started.
  				      This is important for chained
                                        updates, i.e. sites using this
! 				      site as Source-URI.

        Update-Policy:		      This is how the update is done. There are
                                        a few valid keywords. See Note <3> for
***************
*** 1374,1388 ****

        Update-Filename-Translation:    Substitute expression. This may used to
  				      reorganize e.g. a flat directory on
!                                       Source-Location into various
!                                       subdirectories on Destination-Location.

        Update-Transfer-Pattern:	      A regular expression. Only files
! 				      matching this pattern on Source-Location
  				      will be updated/fetched.

        Update-Exclude-Pattern:	      A regular expression. Files matching this
! 				      pattern on Source-Location will not
  				      be updated/fetched.

        Update-Compression-Pattern:     A regular expression. Used for packing
--- 1380,1394 ----

        Update-Filename-Translation:    Substitute expression. This may used to
  				      reorganize e.g. a flat directory on
!                                       Source-URI into various
!                                       subdirectories on Destination-URI.

        Update-Transfer-Pattern:	      A regular expression. Only files
! 				      matching this pattern on Source-URI
  				      will be updated/fetched.

        Update-Exclude-Pattern:	      A regular expression. Files matching this
! 				      pattern on Source-URI will not
  				      be updated/fetched.

        Update-Compression-Pattern:     A regular expression. Used for packing
***************
*** 1403,1418 ****

        <3> Valid keywords are:
              autodelete  - files will be automatically deleted, when they are
!                                 no longer found on Source-Location.
              sizechange  - files will also be updated if only the size
                                  but not the time changed on the
!                                 Source-Location.
              newer       - files will be updated if the file on
! 				Source-Location is newer than the one on
!                                 Destination-Location.
              maxdays=num - files will not be fetched/updated if its modification
                                  time has a difference bigger than <num> days
!                                 to the file on Destination-Location.
              recursive   - directories will be mirrored recursively (otherwise
  				only the contents of the "flat" directory will
                                  be updated and no subdirectories will be
--- 1409,1424 ----

        <3> Valid keywords are:
              autodelete  - files will be automatically deleted, when they are
!                                 no longer found on Source-URI.
              sizechange  - files will also be updated if only the size
                                  but not the time changed on the
!                                 Source-URI.
              newer       - files will be updated if the file on
! 				Source-URI is newer than the one on
!                                 Destination-URI.
              maxdays=num - files will not be fetched/updated if its modification
                                  time has a difference bigger than <num> days
!                                 to the file on Destination-URI.
              recursive   - directories will be mirrored recursively (otherwise
  				only the contents of the "flat" directory will
                                  be updated and no subdirectories will be
***************
*** 1429,1435 ****

        Template-Type:			MIRROR
        Admin-Name:			John Long Silver
!       Admin-Email:			silver@jamaica.world
        Admin-Home-Phone:		+1 222 333 4567
        Admin-Organization-Name:	The Pirates Club
        Title:				The ultimate treasury package
--- 1435,1441 ----

        Template-Type:			MIRROR
        Admin-Name:			John Long Silver
!       Admin-Email:			mailto:silver@jamaica.world
        Admin-Home-Phone:		+1 222 333 4567
        Admin-Organization-Name:	The Pirates Club
        Title:				The ultimate treasury package
***************
*** 1441,1452 ****
        Record-Last-Modified-Date:        Sat, 15 Jan 1994 02:47:57 GMT
        Record-Last-Verified-Name:	Sailer Two
        Record-Last-Verified-Date:        Sat, 15 Jan 1994 02:47:57 GMT
!       Reference-Location-v0:		ftp://ftp.money.us/pub/coins/silver/
!       Reference-Location-v1:		ftp://ftp.money.us/pub/coins/gold/
!       Source-Location-v0:		ftp://ftp.cash.mx/pub/money/coins/silver/
!       Source-Location-v1:		ftp://ftp.cash.mx/pub/money/coins/gold/
!       Destination-Location-v0:          ftp://ftp.jamaica/pub/coins/
!       Destination-Location-v1:          ftp://ftp.jamaica/pub/coins/
        Timezone:			-0700
        Update-Frequency:		Mon, Wed, Fri
        Update-Time:			02:00
--- 1447,1458 ----
        Record-Last-Modified-Date:        Sat, 15 Jan 1994 02:47:57 GMT
        Record-Last-Verified-Name:	Sailer Two
        Record-Last-Verified-Date:        Sat, 15 Jan 1994 02:47:57 GMT
!       Reference-URI-v0:			ftp://ftp.money.us/pub/coins/silver/
!       Reference-URI-v1:			ftp://ftp.money.us/pub/coins/gold/
!       Source-URI-v0:			ftp://ftp.cash.mx/pub/money/coins/silver/
!       Source-URI-v1:			ftp://ftp.cash.mx/pub/money/coins/gold/
!       Destination-URI-v0:    		ftp://ftp.jamaica/pub/coins/
!       Destination-URI-v1:   	        ftp://ftp.jamaica/pub/coins/
        Timezone:			-0700
        Update-Frequency:		Mon, Wed, Fri
        Update-Time:			02:00
***************
*** 1491,1497 ****
        The Template-Type is ORGANIZATION (naming scheme 2).

!       3.8.3 SERVICES INFORMATION

        This file contains records with the following fields. In the first
--- 1497,1503 ----
        The Template-Type is ORGANIZATION (naming scheme 2).

!       3.8.3 SERVICE INFORMATION

        This file contains records with the following fields. In the first
***************
*** 1507,1519 ****

          Title:          Title of service.

!         Host-Name:      Host name of host providing service.

-         Host-Port:      Port number of service.
-
-         Protocol:       Method required to access service. (See
- 			Note <1>)
-
          Admin-(USER*):  Contact information of person or group
  			responsible for service administration
                          (administrative contact).
--- 1513,1520 ----

          Title:          Title of service.

! 	URI:		URI of service.

          Admin-(USER*):  Contact information of person or group
  			responsible for service administration
                          (administrative contact).
***************
*** 1581,1596 ****
        ---------
        The following is an example of an entry for a telnet service.

!       Template-Type:	SERVICES
        Title:		Census Bureau information server
!       Host-Name:	census.ispy.gov
!       Host-Port:	1234
!       Protocol:		telnet
        Admin-Name:	Jay Bond
        Admin-Postal:	PO Box. 42, A Street Washington DC, USA 20001
        Admin-Work-Phone:	+1-202-222-3333
        Admin-Work-Fax:	+1 202 444 5555
!       Admin-Email:	jb007@census.ispy.gov
  			latest USA Census Bureau statistics (1990)
  			Type "help" for more information.
--- 1582,1595 ----
        ---------
        The following is an example of an entry for a telnet service.

!       Template-Type:	SERVICE
        Title:		Census Bureau information server
!       URI:		telnet://census.ispy.gov:1234
!       Admin-Email:	mailto:jb007@census.ispy.gov
  			latest USA Census Bureau statistics (1990)
  			Type "help" for more information.
***************
*** 1603,1611 ****
        Access-Policy:	This service may not be used by sites in
  			the Republic of the VTTS
        Keywords:		census, population, 1990, statistics
!       Last-Modified-Name:   Miss Moneypenny
!       Last-Modified-Email:  m.moneypenny@census.ispy.gov
!       Last-Modified-Date:   Wed, 1 Jan 1970 12:00:00 GMT

--- 1602,1610 ----
        Access-Policy:	This service may not be used by sites in
  			the Republic of the VTTS
        Keywords:		census, population, 1990, statistics
!       Record-Last-Modified-Name:   Miss Moneypenny
!       Record-Last-Modified-Email:  mailto:m.moneypenny@census.ispy.gov
!       Record-Last-Modified-Date:   Wed, 1 Jan 1970 12:00:00 GMT

!       Template-Type: SERVICES
        Title: 	     fishlovers
!       Host-Name:     foo.com
        Admin-Name:    Ima Adams
!       Admin-Email:   fishlovers-request@foo.com
!       Protocol:	     Email to fishlovers@foo.com
        Registration:  Send mail to the administrative address with your
  		     own email address requesting addition
--- 1614,1624 ----
        The following is an example of a mailing list (service).

!       Template-Type: SERVICE
        Title: 	     fishlovers
!       URI:     	     mailto:fishlovers@foo.com
        Admin-Name:    Ima Adams
!       Admin-Email:   mailto:fishlovers-request@foo.com
        Registration:  Send mail to the administrative address with your
  		     own email address requesting addition
***************
*** 1650,1656 ****
        Video File			VIDEO
        Frequently Asked Questions File	FAQ

!       Other names may be constructed as necessary.

        Any number of these files may exist in the archive.

--- 1648,1654 ----
        Video File			VIDEO
        Frequently Asked Questions File	FAQ

!       Other names may be added to future releases of this document.

        Any number of these files may exist in the archive.

***************
*** 1744,1764 ****
  	ISSN-v*:		The International Standard Serial Number
                                  of the object.

! 	Access-Protocol-v*:	Method of access to this object (eg,
! 				anonymous FTP, Gopher etc.) as well as
! 				the host on which it resides. Also any
! 				additional information needed to access
! 				the object.
!
!         Access-Host-Name-v*:    Host on which to access the object.
!
! 	Access-Host-Port-v*:	Port on which to access the object. This
! 				may be implied by the Access-Protocol and
!                                 so not be necessary.
!
! 	Pathname-v*:		The full pathname of this object. This is
! 				operating system specific. This is not
!                                 required if naming scheme 2 is used.

          Last-Revision-Date-v*:  Last date that the object was revised.
--- 1742,1749 ----
  	ISSN-v*:		The International Standard Serial Number
                                  of the object.

! 	URI-v*:			Description of access to object. This is
! 				not required if naming scheme 2 is used.

          Last-Revision-Date-v*:  Last date that the object was revised.
***************
*** 1797,1815 ****
        Template-Type:		DOCUMENT
        Title:			The Function of Homeoboxes in Yeast
        				Chromosome 1
-       Access-Method:		These files are available from
- 				ftp.fungus.newu.edu via anonymous FTP.
- 				The are stored in the directory
- 			        pub/yeast/chromosome1
        Author-Name:		John Doe
!       Author-Email:		jdoe@yeast.foobar.com
        Author-Home-Phone:        +1 898 555 1212
        Author-Name:		Jane Buck
!       Author-Email:		jane@fungus.newu.edu
        Last-Revision-Date:       27 Nov 1991
        Category:			Conference paper. Yeastcon, January 1992,
  				Mushroom Rock, CA, USA
!       Abstract:			Homeoboxes have been shown to have a
  				significant impact on the expressions of
  				genes in Chromosome 1 of Bakers' Yeast.
        Citation:			J. Doe, J. Buck, The function of
--- 1782,1796 ----
!       Author-Email:		mailto:jdoe@yeast.foobar.com
!       Author-Email:		mailto:jane@fungus.newu.edu
        Last-Revision-Date:       27 Nov 1991
        Category:			Conference paper. Yeastcon, January 1992,
  				Mushroom Rock, CA, USA
  				significant impact on the expressions of
  				genes in Chromosome 1 of Bakers' Yeast.
        Citation:			J. Doe, J. Buck, The function of
***************
*** 1827,1837 ****
        Keywords:			homeobox, yeast, chromosome, DNA,
  			        sequencing, yeastcon
        Format-v0:		Application/PostScript
!       Pathname-v0:		yeast-homeobox1.ps
        Language-v0:		English
        Size-v0:			18 pages
        Format-v1:		text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
!       Pathname-v1:		yeast-homeobox1.txt
        Size-v1:			13 pages
        Language-v1:		Russian

--- 1808,1818 ----
        Keywords:			homeobox, yeast, chromosome, DNA,
  			        sequencing, yeastcon
        Format-v0:		Application/PostScript
!       URI-v0:			ftp://ftp.fungus.newu.edu/pub/yeast/chromosome1/yeast-homeobox1.ps
        Language-v0:		English
        Size-v0:			18 pages
        Format-v1:		text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
!       URI-v1:			ftp://ftp.fungus.newu.edu/pub/yeast/chromosome1/yeast-homeobox1.txt
        Size-v1:			13 pages
        Language-v1:		Russian

***************
*** 1848,1857 ****
        Title:		Beethoven's Fifth Player
        Version:		67
        Author-Name:	Ludwig Van Beethoven
!       Author-Email:	beet@romantic.power.org
        Author-Fax:	+43 1 123 4567
        Admin-Handle:	berlioz01
!       Abstract:		The program provides the novice to Transitional
  			Classical-Romantic music a V-window interface
  			to the author's latest composition
        Abstract:		V-window based music player
--- 1829,1838 ----
        Title:		Beethoven's Fifth Player
        Version:		67
        Author-Name:	Ludwig Van Beethoven
!       Author-Email:	mailto:beet@romantic.power.org
        Author-Fax:	+43 1 123 4567
        Admin-Handle:	berlioz01
  			Classical-Romantic music a V-window interface
  			to the author's latest composition
        Abstract:		V-window based music player
***************
*** 1861,1872 ****
  			Copyright held by author
        Keywords:		Classical music, V-windows
        Format-v0:	LZ compressed
!       Pathname-v0:	/pub/Vfifth.tar.Z
!       Access-Method-v0: Anonymous FTP
!       Access-Host-Name-v0: power.org

-
  4. CONCLUSION

--- 1842,1850 ----
  			Copyright held by author
        Keywords:		Classical music, V-windows
        Format-v0:	LZ compressed
!       URI-v0:		gopher://power.org/1/pub/Vfifth.tar.Z

  4. CONCLUSION

*** 1914,1916 ****
--- 1892,1897 ----
  [9] N. Borenstein, N. Freed, "MIME  (Multipurpose Internet Mail
      Extensions) Part One:  Mechanisms for Specifying and Describing the
      Format of Internet Message Bodies", September 1993.
+
+ [10] RFC 0822 D. Crocker, "Standard for the format of ARPA Internet text
+      messages", August 1982. (Updated by RFC1327, RFC0987)