Re: indexing songs

Tony Barry <tony@info.anu.edu.au> Thu, 05 May 1994 03:10 UTC

Date: Thu, 05 May 1994 11:47:30 +1000
To: Markus Stumpf <stumpf@informatik.tu-muenchen.de>, iafa@cc.mcgill.ca
Sender: ietf-archive-request@IETF.CNRI.Reston.VA.US
From: Tony Barry <tony@info.anu.edu.au>
Subject: Re: indexing songs

At  3:13 AM 5/5/94 +0200, Markus Stumpf wrote:

>Now we want to start indexing this files and ran over a problem again:
>(The examples in the draft are of no big help on this :( ).
>Suppose you have chords for the song "San Franciscan Nights", performed
>by Eric Burdon and The Animals.
>The authors of the song are Burdon/Briggs/Weider/Jenkins/McCulloch.
>Oki, this could go to Author-v0: ... Author-v4:.
>Where would you put the name of the group (Eric Burdon and The Animals)
>to? How about if you have a "remake" by another group?

These are the problems ILMS systems are meant to surmount by taking in
records in MARC format.  Even in this format which encompases multiple
occurences of multiple fields which may or may not be null music is a
problem.

Tony

    Tony Barry  - http://snazzy.anu.edu.au/People/TonyB.html

Centre for Networked Access to Scholarly Information| fone  +61 6 249 4632
     Australian National University Library         | phax  +61 6 249 4063
       Canberra  A.C.T. 0200, AUSTRALIA             | tony@info.anu.edu.au