Re: [Ianaplan] Question from the ICG

Jefsey <jefsey@jefsey.com> Mon, 09 February 2015 14:38 UTC

Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2015 15:38:17 +0100
To: Jari Arkko <jari.arkko@piuha.net>, Alissa Cooper <alissa@cooperw.in>
From: Jefsey <jefsey@jefsey.com>
Cc: ianaplan@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [Ianaplan] Question from the ICG

Dear Jari,

IMHO the initial question is to know if the string "IANA" is to be a
reserved string associated to the Internet Technology Repository
whatever the TLD. If yes the Internet Technology documented by which
SDO (since as per RFC 6852 there might be several ones in
competition). If not is only "iana.org" ? What about "iana.arpa" ?

As you know, the IUWG works on the support of CLASS "FL"
(Free/Libre). Should we agree some common reservation about these
names or strings?
FYI we plan to support a CLASS syntax as discussed by http://dnsa.org
(in French).

jfc

PS. Alissa, I am not sure you answered my previous mail. It would
help making sure that IN and FL CLASSes support names like "IANA.ORG"
in the same manner.