Re: [Ianaplan] What's happening at ICANN?

Eric Brunner-Williams <ebw@abenaki.wabanaki.net> Mon, 19 October 2015 22:09 UTC

To: ianaplan@ietf.org
From: Eric Brunner-Williams <ebw@abenaki.wabanaki.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2015 15:09:33 -0700
Subject: Re: [Ianaplan] What's happening at ICANN?

John, Elliot, John, ... and other rational creatures I've known for years.

Mr. Johnson is sharing the same fine vintage on the CCWG list, waving
fundamental rights and kings and so on at all and sundry.

I am so reminded of just how bad the domreg mail was in '98.

And the IETF protects our employers (when we have them) from anti-trust
liabilities, which is not quite the motivation for pursuing policy goals
in any component of ICANN, so unsurprisingly, there are differences in
the mechanisms for review.

Eric