Re: [Ianaplan] last call and IESG processing summary for draft-ietf-ianaplan-icg-response

"Richard Hill" <rhill@hill-a.ch> Sat, 27 December 2014 09:20 UTC

From: Richard Hill <rhill@hill-a.ch>
To: Jari Arkko <jari.arkko@piuha.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2014 10:19:52 +0100
Cc: "Ianaplan@Ietf. Org" <ianaplan@ietf.org>, IETF-Discussion list <ietf@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [Ianaplan] last call and IESG processing summary for draft-ietf-ianaplan-icg-response

Dear Jari,

Thank for this, and please see embedded comments below.

Best,
Richard

Since you say "further justification", it seems that I missed something,
because I don't recall seeing the justification from the co-chairs for the
rough consensus call.  Perhaps you could point me to it?

>I also wanted to say that those were
> considered as a part of the process. A big part of the IESG’s role in
> approving output from the IETF is making sure that the community
> has been heard and that there’s broad backing for the particular output.
> In this case the IESG has been comfortable with the making the decision
> it has made, having considered the community discussions, including
> your request.

I don't recall seeing any statement from any IESG member to the effect that
he or she had considered my request not to proceed to approve the draft
until the co-chairs had provided a justification for the rough consensus
call.  Perhaps I missed some relevant statements explaining why my request
was considered but rejected.

>Personally, I am quite comfortable with the decisions in
> the WG and IESG stages, and believe that they reflect community
> (rough) consensus.
>
> Hope this helps,

See above.

And please note that the changes I requested to the sheperd write-up with
respect to my statements have not been made (see below), so that write-up
does not correctly reflect what I said during the disussions.