Re: [Ianaplan] control and negotiation (was Re: draft-ietf-ianaplan-icg-response-02 working group last call)

Miles Fidelman <mfidelman@meetinghouse.net> Tue, 04 November 2014 21:55 UTC

Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2014 16:55:09 -0500
From: Miles Fidelman <mfidelman@meetinghouse.net>
To: "ianaplan@ietf.org" <ianaplan@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [Ianaplan] control and negotiation (was Re: draft-ietf-ianaplan-icg-response-02 working group last call)

Pretty much ALL of the questions the ICG has posed are organizational
and contractual in nature - roles, responsibilities, who does what, to
whom.  Who develops policy, and by what process.  Who implements
policy.  Who coordinates with whom.  What will change if and when the
NTIA CONTRACT goes away; and what needs to change for that to work.

Very little, if anything we've been asked to respond to is technical in
nature.

If we think such matters are "nonsense," and/or outside our scope of
expertise - then, by definition, we should not be the (only) ones
addressing them.

Miles Fidelman