Re: [Ianaplan] Consensus declared -- IETF IANAPLAN WG input to the ICG request for comments Re: Closing in on consensus (?) Re: Updated text Re: Please keep context in mind Re: Consensus call -- text reply for ICG proposal review

JFC Morfin <jefsey@jefsey.com> Fri, 04 September 2015 10:34 UTC

Date: Fri, 04 Sep 2015 12:34:16 +0200
To: "Leslie Daigle (ThinkingCat)" <ldaigle@thinkingcat.com>, "Ianaplan@Ietf. Org" <ianaplan@ietf.org>
From: JFC Morfin <jefsey@jefsey.com>
Subject: Re: [Ianaplan] Consensus declared -- IETF IANAPLAN WG input to the ICG request for comments Re: Closing in on consensus (?) Re: Updated text Re: Please keep context in mind Re: Consensus call -- text reply for ICG proposal review

Dear Leslie,

This position of yours seems reasonable within the new IETF
framework. It definitely splits the world's catenet technical and
political use between at least the ICANN and XLIBRE
(<http://xlibre.net/>http://xlibre.net) RFC 6852 Global Communities.
Two very different sizes and spirits now. It is reasonable to also
foresee further governance reorganizations involving Europe, BRICs,
and GAFAM virtual global network communities. I, therefore, consider
that my hope of seeing an organized/agreed sustainable cooperative
settlement reached through the appeal process has come to its
expectable conclusion, but I had to give it a try.

I will, therefore, not appeal the ISOC board of trustees.

The difficulty now is to keep the catenet use stable and coopetitive
enough to avoid technical conflicts as well as to prevent the
pollution of the digktynet (the digisphere global network system :
<http://digkty.net/>http://digkty.net) that some of us identify as
the general area of interest for the informed users and Libre researchers.

We certainly favor a permissionless "intertest" charter for all the
Global Communities to jointly agree on live experimentation terms and
mutual reporting. We consider that the Section 5 - Experimentation of
the ICANN ICP-3 document as a good initial working basis. The work
carried out by Brian Carpenter in a past I_D could also be used.

One of our focuses in the coming months might be R&D concerning DDDS
in conjunction with the DNS protocols and how this could lead to an
open repository system of reference for the different Global
Communities and their network technology coopetition: the home-root
and super-IANA "plug-in".

Best regards,

jfcm