Re: [Ianaplan] Process concern regarding the IETF proposal development process

JFC Morfin <jefsey@jefsey.com> Mon, 02 February 2015 17:55 UTC

Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2015 18:55:06 +0100
To: Alissa Cooper <alissa@cooperw.in>, ianaplan@ietf.org
From: JFC Morfin <jefsey@jefsey.com>
Subject: Re: [Ianaplan] Process concern regarding the IETF proposal development process

Dear Alissa,

As far as I am concerned, I understand that the "Libre" has no
specific "internal" interest in the ICG anymore, since our only link
was the preeminence of the IAB as an ICANN accountability master.
They have now severed that link and transferred it to the NTIA, which
is for us an external stakeholder just as any other one. This also
means that the ICG is for us another stakeholder.

Since we favor an omnistakeholder approach, we are certainly
interested in external relations with the ICG, the same as with the
IETF, IAB, IEEE, W3C, NDNconsortium, Unicode consortium, IGF, the
members of the GAC, ICANN, ITU, and everyone else. However, we do not
understand how most of them wish/plan to establish such relations.

Our own plan is at the image of our concepts and capacities: a
cooperative company of the catenet (CCC) where every shareholder has
one vote. This is a simple concept but not a simple task to gather
the initial founders, write the appropriate by-laws, and specify,
develop, and operate the corresponding networked management tools. So
we hope we can incorporate as a seed, with a good global command of
our project, before the completion of the ICANN/NTIA agreement.

This does not prevent earlier relations. Please advise as to the best
way for both of us to proceed.

Thank you.
jfc morfin