Re: [Iasa20] Magnus Westerlund's Discuss on draft-ietf-iasa2-rfc7776bis-02: (with DISCUSS)

"Pete Resnick" <resnick@episteme.net> Wed, 04 September 2019 17:23 UTC

From: "Pete Resnick" <resnick@episteme.net>
To: "Adrian Farrel" <adrian@olddog.co.uk>
Cc: "Magnus Westerlund" <magnus.westerlund@ericsson.com>, "The IESG" <iesg@ietf.org>, draft-ietf-iasa2-rfc7776bis@ietf.org, "Jon Peterson" <jon.peterson@team.neustar>, iasa2-chairs@ietf.org, iasa20@ietf.org
Date: Wed, 04 Sep 2019 12:23:15 -0500
Subject: Re: [Iasa20] Magnus Westerlund's Discuss on draft-ietf-iasa2-rfc7776bis-02: (with DISCUSS)

Magnus,

Yes, in fact the idea of doing a new obsoletes-7776 version was the
first suggestion, which was subsequently waived off by the WG and the
responsible AD. But as Adrian points out, your comment is a strictly on
the editorial choice and readability of the document, which is quite
explicitly a non-criteria for a DISCUSS. That said, a similar comment to
yours was made in the GenART review during Last Call on the main IETF
list, and there have been several ADs who have also so commented, so
perhaps you are claiming that there was no consensus and therefore this
should be DISCUSSed. Your ballot does not make clear who needs to
address this problem: Is it the authors (in which case we need more
guidance) or is it the responsible AD (in which case we will wait for
the outcome)?

pr

--
Pete Resnick http://www.episteme.net/
All connections to the world are tenuous at best