Re: [Iasa20] employees and contractors in 6635bis

Sarah B <sbanks@encrypted.net> Wed, 01 May 2019 22:56 UTC

From: Sarah B <sbanks@encrypted.net>
Date: Wed, 01 May 2019 15:56:10 -0700
Cc: John Levine <johnl@taugh.com>, iasa20@ietf.org, Stephen Farrell <stephen.farrell@cs.tcd.ie>
To: Bob Hinden <bob.hinden@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Iasa20] employees and contractors in 6635bis

I agree with the blurb Bob points out below from the existing RFC6635 but want to add 1 thing:
the RSE contract is not indefinitely renewable. The way it was, we can re-up it twice, for a max of 6 years, before the contract goes out to bid again. That's not indefinitely renewable. If you're concerned that we don't have term limits, that's a separate issue. What the contract means in the face of IASA20 I don't know, but am happy to be hit with the cluebat.

Thanks,
Sarah