Re: [Ibnemo] [Supa] SUPA charter proposal

"Bert Wijnen (IETF)" <bwietf@bwijnen.net> Fri, 07 August 2015 18:46 UTC

Date: Fri, 07 Aug 2015 20:46:22 +0200
From: "Bert Wijnen (IETF)" <bwietf@bwijnen.net>
To: Benoit Claise <bclaise@cisco.com>, "supa@ietf.org" <supa@ietf.org>
Cc: "Eggert, Lars" <lars@netapp.com>, "ibnemo@ietf.org" <ibnemo@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [Ibnemo] [Supa] SUPA charter proposal

Hi Benoit and others.

So would this work prevent the formation of a WG that would do IBNEMO (Intent Based NEtwork MOdeling)
work? I certainly hope not. In the charter you have:

       (iii) the working group will investigate the practically of building policy rules that declaratively
             specify what goals to achieve (this is often called "intent-based" policy) but not how to achieve
             those goals and may create a model accordingly.

IBNEMO intends (no pun intended) to define/standardize a Intent expression language.
The work you describe above can be input to the work IBNEMO wants to do.

Bert