[icnrg] Minutes and meeting materials from the Tuesday meeting

Börje Ohlman <Borje.Ohlman@abc.se> Fri, 27 March 2015 10:44 UTC

From: Börje Ohlman <Borje.Ohlman@abc.se>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2015 11:43:39 +0100
To: icnrg <icnrg@irtf.org>
Subject: [icnrg] Minutes and meeting materials from the Tuesday meeting

Minutes and meeting materials from the Tuesday meeting are now linked from our Wiki page
> http://trac.tools.ietf.org/group/irtf/trac/wiki/icnrg <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/group/irtf/trac/wiki/icnrg>

The minutes can be reached directly via
http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/92/minutes/minutes-92-icnrg

Please let me know if you have any additions and/or corrections.

Great thanks to Laura for taking the notes!

	Börje

————————————————————

ICNRG meeting Dallas, TX, March 24, 2015
Time: Tuesday, March 24, 2015, 1520-1720
Location: Continental
Etherpad for notes: https://neclab.titanpad.com/ICNRG-IETF92 <https://neclab.titanpad.com/ICNRG-IETF92>
Agenda
Welcome, Agenda Bashing, Status [Chairs] -- 20 min
Baseline Scenarios Status
ICN Challenges Status (draft-irtf-icnrg-challenges-01)
Adaptive Video Streaming over ICN (draft-irtf-icnrg-videostreaming-03)
Cedric - Video draft timeline:  next week submit version to authors, by end of next week have update (in April)
Evaluation draft...
Report from interim
Report from Sunday’s interim meeting: all material uploaded
Update on ongoing research in GreenICN project - "Using ICN in disaster scenarios” (draft-seedorf-icn-disaster-03, draft-seedorf-icn-wot-selfcertifying-01, draft-jiachen-icn-pubsub-01) - Jan Seedorf -- 20 min
Disaster scenarios; European and Japanese partners
Key use cases
Seeking feedback from community: (lots of work in DTN community). ICN has many beneficial advantages out of the box. Now trying to enhance with DTN capabilities - could do the opposite, other people are doing that, but we are coming from ICN starting point.
Want solution that works before and after disaster - can work on regular network to start but continue after.
We have a couple of drafts - now want to show overview of initial research results.
Enhanced ICN with concept of Data Mule. Had a demo at ICN 2014.
NREP - Name based replication (name includes attributes such as  time, place; name shows priority like “Emergency”
Security - data centric security; data can be retrieved from anybody and maintain its security; Ciphertext-policy measurements.
Web of trust trust relationships in small compressed file. Scales less than 100ms with 2 million nodes.
Energy considerations: after disasters need to be energy efficient so comms can continue until power restored. Ongoing work.
Ravi: based on the graph - at what level is the web of trust getting established?  At the  device level? app level?