[icnrg] Status from Chairs and actions for the ICNRG participants in preparation for Interim meeting on April 20

"David R. Oran" <daveoran@orandom.net> Fri, 20 March 2020 13:47 UTC

From: "David R. Oran" <daveoran@orandom.net>
To: ICNRG <icnrg@irtf.org>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2020 09:46:56 -0400
Subject: [icnrg] Status from Chairs and actions for the ICNRG participants in preparation for Interim meeting on April 20

While the COVID19 situation is upon us, we wish everybody health and
safety. It is incumbent on us, however, to point out that you may now
have more quality time for ICNRG work, and we would certainly appreciate
any effort you can put in to advance our relatively large active work
plan.

###First, some status updates:###

- Börje Ohlman, who has been our co-chair since the inception of ICNRG,
has decided to step down as his group’s focus at Ericsson Research has
vectored into other areas. Dirk and I offer our eternal thanks for the
great job Börje has done over the years, and wish him the best.
Hopefully, he will still be around the IRTF/IETF and he’ll be able to
apply his steady hand to some exciting new work. Dirk Kutscher and Dave
Oran plan to continue indefinitely, and hopefully we will be able to
keep up with the load and be responsive to the needs of ICNRG going
forward.

- The NRS documents
(https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-icnrg-nrs-requirements/ and
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-icnrg-nrsarch-considerations/),
having successfully passed last call and been updated from last call
comments. They are in the hands of the IRTF chair to start the IRSG
review cycle.

- We have adopted two important management documents as ICNRG work
items. Please review the new RG official versions that have just been
posted:
	- https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-icnrg-icnping/
	- https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-icnrg-icntraceroute/

- A number of documents are in active RFC editor processing for
publication:
	-
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-icnrg-deployment-guidelines/
	- https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-icnrg-disaster/
	- https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-icnrg-terminology/

- The chairs decided “Considerations in the development of a QoS
Architecture for CCNx-like ICN protocols”
(https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-oran-icnrg-qosarch/) should be
published as an individual contribution and hence will be sent to the
IRSG for review, bypassing formal RG last call.

- “Native Deployment of ICN in LTE, 4G Mobile Networks”
(https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-icnrg-icn-lte-4g/) finished
IRSG review and has some comments from the IRTF chair that need to be
addressed. Once that’s done we should be able to send that on to the
RFC editor for publication.

- “ICN Adaptation to LowPAN Networks (ICN LoWPAN)”
(https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-icnrg-icnlowpan/) has
gotten wide support and we will be issuing an RG Last Call for it in the
coming days. Please look for the last call announcement and
**re-review** this important document.

- The IP-over-ICN document
(https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-icnrg-ipoc/) is ready for
ICNRG Last Call. Look for the announcement later today or tomorrow.

###Second, please take time to review the these active RG documents##
We hope to move them forward toward last call if appropriate, and have
scheduled time to discuss updates at the Interim meeting on April 20.

- We recently adopted “Enabling ICN in 3GPP's 5G NextGen Core
Architecture”
(https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-icnrg-5gc-icn/) as an ICNRG
working draft. **Please review** so we can discuss moving this forward.

###Third, please take time to review the these active individual
contributions and weigh in on whether they should be adopted as ICNRG
working drafts.##

- QoS Treatments in ICN using Disaggregated Name Components
(https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-anilj-icnrg-dnc-qos-icn/) needs
wider review. Only DaveO has provided any review so far.

- “Internet Services over ICN in 5G LAN Environments”
(https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-trossen-icnrg-internet-icn-5glan/)
**needs review**.

- “Path Steering in CCNx and NDN”
(https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-oran-icnrg-pathsteering/)
**needs review and assessment of suitability to adopt as an ICNRG
working draft**.

- “Maintaining CCNx or NDN flow balance with highly variable data
object sizes”
(https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-oran-icnrg-flowbalance/) **needs
review and assessment of suitability to adopt as an ICNRG working
draft**.

- “Flow Classification in Information Centric Networking”
(https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-moiseenko-icnrg-flowclass/)
**needs review and assessment of suitability to adopt as an ICNRG
working draft**.

- “Hop-by-Hop Authentication in Content-Centric Networking/Named Data
Networking” (https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-li-icnrg-hopauth/)
**needs review and assessment of suitability to adopt as an ICNRG
working draft**.

- “An Alternative Delta Time encoding for CCNx using Interval Time
from RFC5497”
(https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-gundogan-icnrg-ccnx-timetlv/)
**needs review and assessment of suitability to adopt as an ICNRG
working draft**.

- “Requirements and Challenges for User-level Service Managements of
IoT Network by utilizing Artificial Intelligence”
(https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-choi-icnrg-aiot/) **needs
initial review**.

###Fourth, we have started planning logistics and agenda for our Interim
virtual meeting on April 20.###

So, please **propose agenda items**, consider **giving a talk** on one
of the discussion topic areas identified for the interim meeting, and
**register for the interim as customary** (by editing the Wiki page at
https://trac.ietf.org/trac/irtf/wiki/icnrg).

Thanks for not treating this as TL;DR and actually getting to the end!!

Your ever-vigilant Chairs, Dirk and DaveO.