[icnrg] Progressing my QoSArch position paper

"David R. Oran" <daveoran@orandom.net> Tue, 03 December 2019 15:29 UTC

From: "David R. Oran" <daveoran@orandom.net>
To: ICNRG <icnrg@irtf.org>
Date: Tue, 03 Dec 2019 10:29:17 -0500
Subject: [icnrg] Progressing my QoSArch position paper

I just submitted the update below. It reflects comments by a number of
people and the discussion we had at the QoS side meetings in Singapore.
Many thanks to those who commented, especially Thomas, Luca, Anil,
Milan, and Prakash.

<Chair Hat off, purely Author hat on>

After discussion with Dirk & Börje, and with the IRTF chair, it seems
we can move this through to publication without a formal adoption as an
ICNRG RG work item. This to me is the appropriate course given the
individual nature of the material and opinions contained in the
document.

My personal view as author is that this is about as “cooked” as
it’s going to be so I’d like to ask that we just do an ICNRG last
call to assess people’s views on its readiness for IRTF review
followed by publication.

Doing so will allow us to freeze this material and, as we discussed at
the QoS side meetings, perhaps use it as reference/background material
in the construction of a new RG-developed document on ICN QoS
architecture.

I’ll leave to to Dirk and Börje to either confirm this course of
action or suggest something different.

Many thanks,
DaveO