[icnrg] I-D ACTION:draft-irtf-icnrg-videostreaming-04.txt

Internet-Drafts@ietf.org Mon, 31 August 2015 22:12 UTC

From: Internet-Drafts@ietf.org
To: i-d-announce@ietf.org
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2015 15:12:27 -0700
Cc: icnrg@irtf.org
Subject: [icnrg] I-D ACTION:draft-irtf-icnrg-videostreaming-04.txt

A new Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

    Title         : Adaptive Video Streaming over ICN
    Author(s)     : S. Lederer, et al
    Filename      : draft-irtf-icnrg-videostreaming
    Pages         : 39
    Date          : 2015-08-31

   This document considers the consequences of moving the underlying
   network architecture from the current Internet to an Information-
   Centric Network (ICN) architecture on video distribution. As most of
   the traffic in future networks is expected to be video, we consider
   how to modify the existing video streaming mechanisms. Several
   important topics related to video distribution over ICN are
   presented, covering a wide range of scenarios: we look at how to
   evolve DASH to work over ICN, and leverage the recent ISO/IEC MPEG
   Dynamic Adaptive Streaming over HTTP (DASH) standard; we consider
   layered encoding over ICN; P2P mechanisms introduce distinct
   requirements for video and we look at how to adapt PPSP for ICN;
   IPTV adds delay constraints, and this will create more stringent
   requirements over ICN as well. As part of the discussion on video,
   we discuss DRMs in ICN. Finally, in addition to consider how
   existing mechanisms would be impacted by ICN, this document lists
   some research issues to design ICN specific video streaming
   mechanisms.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-irtf-icnrg-videostreaming-04.txt

ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Internet-Draft.
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-irtf-icnrg-videostreaming"><ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-irtf-icnrg-videostreaming>