[icnrg] SIGCOMM call for Tutorials and Hackathons

Aaron Ding <aaron.ding@tum.de> Thu, 16 March 2023 13:03 UTC

Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2023 14:03:04 +0100
From: Aaron Ding <aaron.ding@tum.de>
To: quic@ietf.org, icnrg@irtf.org
Subject: [icnrg] SIGCOMM call for Tutorials and Hackathons

ACM SIGCOMM 2023 is calling for tutorials and hackathons:
https://conferences.sigcomm.org/sigcomm/2023/cf-tutorials.html

* Call for Tutorials and Hackathons *

We are excited to announce that proposals for Tutorials and Hackathons
for SIGCOMM 2023 can now be submitted at
https://conferences.sigcomm.org/sigcomm/2023/cf-tutorials.html

We seek to extend the SIGCOMM experience by tutorials on selected topics
given by renowned scientists and practitioners in their fields. We
therefore solicit proposals for full-day or half-day tutorials on topics
relevant to the SIGCOMM community. We also solicit proposals to organize
hackathons co-located with SIGCOMM.

Tutorials must cover advanced topics that fit the scope of SIGCOMM and
are of current interest to the SIGCOMM community. Tutorials may be
lectures, interactive workshops, hands-on training, or any combination
of the above. Successful tutorials educate the community members on
emerging methods, concepts, and tools to expand the research
capabilities of the community. Cross-disciplinary topics are also
welcome. Exploring diverse ways of organizing the content, delivering
the tutorial, and interacting with the audience are especially
encouraged.

A hackathon is an intense goal-oriented team-work activity organized in
a sprint-like one-day event, where members from various backgrounds and
expertise come together to work towards the stated goals of the
hackathon. We encourage applications from all fields that fit the
interest of the SIGCOMM community.

The current plan is that SIGCOMM 2023 will be an in-person conference.
Still, we ask the authors to have a "plan B" for an online
tutorial/hackathon, in case there are unexpected travel restrictions due
to COVID-19 at the time of the event.

Tutorial and hackathon proposals should be submitted in PDF format,
should not exceed three (3) pages in total, and be sent to the
Tutorial/Hackathon Chairs via the submit button on the above web site.

The deadline for submission is April 21, 2023. The notification of
acceptance will be sent out on May 12, 2023.

You can find more information about submission guidelines:
https://conferences.sigcomm.org/sigcomm/2023/cf-tutorials.html

For any questions or clarifications, please contact the
Tutorial/Hackathon Chairs, via the button at the above web site.

Aaron & Kostis – Publicity Chairs of SIGCOMM’23