[icnrg] Draft Minutes of ICNRG @ IETF 106

"David R. Oran" <daveoran@orandom.net> Tue, 19 November 2019 04:32 UTC

Return-Path: <daveoran@orandom.net>
X-Original-To: icnrg@ietfa.amsl.com
Delivered-To: icnrg@ietfa.amsl.com
Received: from localhost (localhost []) by ietfa.amsl.com (Postfix) with ESMTP id 8FE6112008A for <icnrg@ietfa.amsl.com>; Mon, 18 Nov 2019 20:32:17 -0800 (PST)
X-Virus-Scanned: amavisd-new at amsl.com
X-Spam-Flag: NO
X-Spam-Score: -1.898
X-Spam-Status: No, score=-1.898 tagged_above=-999 required=5 tests=[BAYES_00=-1.9, HTML_MESSAGE=0.001, SPF_HELO_NONE=0.001, SPF_PASS=-0.001, URIBL_BLOCKED=0.001] autolearn=ham autolearn_force=no
Received: from mail.ietf.org ([]) by localhost (ietfa.amsl.com []) (amavisd-new, port 10024) with ESMTP id Etzb1Z5XEvyw for <icnrg@ietfa.amsl.com>; Mon, 18 Nov 2019 20:32:12 -0800 (PST)
Received: from spark.crystalorb.net (spark.crystalorb.net [IPv6:2607:fca8:1530::c]) (using TLSv1.2 with cipher ECDHE-RSA-AES256-GCM-SHA384 (256/256 bits)) (No client certificate requested) by ietfa.amsl.com (Postfix) with ESMTPS id 630E112006F for <icnrg@irtf.org>; Mon, 18 Nov 2019 20:32:12 -0800 (PST)
Received: from [] (dhcp-98e6.meeting.ietf.org []) (authenticated bits=0) by spark.crystalorb.net (8.14.4/8.14.4/Debian-4+deb7u1) with ESMTP id xAJ4W7OA010777 (version=TLSv1/SSLv3 cipher=AES256-GCM-SHA384 bits=256 verify=NO) for <icnrg@irtf.org>; Mon, 18 Nov 2019 20:32:10 -0800
From: "David R. Oran" <daveoran@orandom.net>
To: ICNRG <icnrg@irtf.org>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2019 12:32:07 +0800
Reply-To: icnrg-chairs@ietf.org
X-Mailer: MailMate (1.13r5664)
Message-ID: <2A680594-2DF6-46D2-8281-8267AB61BFFF@orandom.net>
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="=_MailMate_AB66DF6B-C6BD-4E90-8577-9B00E84F74BE_="
Archived-At: <https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/icnrg/o0-cZvYtGOgjIhc1t38wLcM_qFQ>
Subject: [icnrg] Draft Minutes of ICNRG @ IETF 106
X-BeenThere: icnrg@irtf.org
X-Mailman-Version: 2.1.29
Precedence: list
List-Id: Information-Centric Networking research group discussion list <icnrg.irtf.org>
List-Unsubscribe: <https://www.irtf.org/mailman/options/icnrg>, <mailto:icnrg-request@irtf.org?subject=unsubscribe>
List-Archive: <https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/browse/icnrg/>
List-Post: <mailto:icnrg@irtf.org>
List-Help: <mailto:icnrg-request@irtf.org?subject=help>
List-Subscribe: <https://www.irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/icnrg>, <mailto:icnrg-request@irtf.org?subject=subscribe>
X-List-Received-Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2019 04:32:18 -0000

Corrections/comments to the chairs. We will post these by end of IETF on 
Friday. Many thanks to Marie-Jose for her once-again great efforts as 
note taker.

ICNRG Chairs

ICNRG meeting
Monday November 18 - 10-12pm
IETF 106 - Singapore 🇸🇬
Olivia Room Raffles Convention Centre

Chairs Intro: Agenda Bashing, Minutes taker, Bluesheets, (15 min)
	Review of the new Note Well for IRTF

Report from interim meeting in Macau  Post ICN2019 (September) @ U. 
Macau (see interim meeting in the wiki for the slides)
	- Touching the Future Internet - City U. Hong Kong - School of Creative 
		NDN to request and fetch video content selectively.
		Uses Derivative’s Touch video platform.
	- ICN LowPan
	- QoS for ICN in the IoT
	- LPWAN Compared to LowPAN
	- ICN over LoRa
		Intelligent water meter
		RIOT integration
		ICN and LoRa for IETF 107 0 interest? Contact Dirk Kutscher.
	- Push it - update 2

ICNRG Drafts - Status overview
Presentation/Discussion on Flow Balance draft - Dave Oran (15 min)
	Different issues described per QoS potential mechanisms and impact (see 
	Comment: goal is to get people to read the draft (not a lot of people 
did at this point).
Updated File-Like ICN Collection (FLIC) draft - Dave Oran (10 min)
	Manifest draft revisited after discussions in Montreal.
	Deltas to the original draft presented.
	Python implantation available.
	Not ready for last call.
	Security section needed.
	Important topic to be considered - ICN/CCN community should implement 
	Goal is to publish this year.
	Thanks to Marc Mosko.
NRS documents: Updates - Jungha Hong (10 min)
	Name resolution work at ETRI.
	2 documents in RG last call; Design Guideline may require a second last 
call but not the Architecture one.
	Summary of the comments to the documents.
	Q (Thomas Schmidt): enforcement of the name administration
	A: we are not looking at namespace
	Q: look at DNS cannot change names
	A: NRS is similar to DNS but different enough - will reply by email
	Q (Stew Card): Security is ACL-like; name resolution capability based 
access control would be better. Did you consider it.
	A: We will consider.

New draft: Path Steering in CCNx and NDN - Dave Oran (10 min)
	Based on a paper in ICN2017:
	Moiseenko, I. and D. Oran, "Path Switching in Content Centric and Named 
Data Networks,
	in 4th ACM Conference on Information-Centric Networking (ICN 2017)",
	DOI 10.1145/3125719.3125721, September 2017,
	Not an alternative to CCNinfo - a new mechanism/bags of tricks.
	Comments on the list are requested.

New draft: TimeTLV - Thomas Schmidt (10 min)
	New draft but not new topics; related to discussions on LowPAN.
	Timers take a lot of energy; look at compressing them.
	See https://github.com/icnrg for tracking progress.
	Important to review.

Update: ICN Adaptation to LowPAN Networks (ICN LoWPAN) - Thomas Schmidt 
(10 min)
	Update on the draft.
	Comment (Dave O.):  Seems poster child for manifest meta data (slide 
	Need to balance need for the manifest meta data and disturbing the 
	Good time to last call this draft - look for it on the draft.

Update: Internet Protocol Tunneling over Content Centric Mobile Networks 
- Greg White (10 min)
	Update on the draft.
	Comment (Thomas Schmidt): Help on IPV6.
	Comment (Dirk Kutscher): change CCN to CCNx.
	Q (Vera Li): Performance relative to overlay and underlay
	A (Greg): CCN over 5G discussed with native and non native 

New draft: Internet Services over ICN in 5G LAN Environments - Chonggang 
Wang (10 min)

	Q (Dave O.): Reuning HHTP on top on ICN - what spec defines the 
	A:  APIs from ICN to the higher layer.
	Comment (Dave O.): This seems to take twice the packets.

Update: Hop-by-Hop Authentication in Content-Centric Networking / Named 
Data Networking  - Riuidong Li (10 min)

Presentation of results from Hackathon in Singapore (5 min)

	CeFore Implementation:

	QoS Discussion:

	Interest for a Thursday morning discussion in the “open time” slot.

Chairs Wrapup: (5 min)
Planning for next ICNRG meetings
Possible future Hackathon topics?
Interim or Hackathon at IETF 107 Vancouver?

	Need discussion on hackaton especially since people want to organize 

++++ end


Marie-José Montpetit, Ph.D.
Research Affiliate, MIT Media Laboratory