Re: [Ideas] Fwd: Fwd: Re: WG Review: IDentity Enabled Networks (ideas)

Robert Moskowitz <rgm-ietf@htt-consult.com> Mon, 02 October 2017 21:08 UTC

To: Christian Huitema <huitema@huitema.net>, The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>, ideas@ietf.org
From: Robert Moskowitz <rgm-ietf@htt-consult.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2017 17:08:27 -0400
Subject: Re: [Ideas] Fwd: Fwd: Re: WG Review: IDentity Enabled Networks (ideas)

On 10/02/2017 11:55 AM, Christian Huitema wrote:

> I just realized that I forget to copy this message to the IESG and
> IDEAS mailing lists. Sorry.

I have been thinking about this, Christian, and I have a proposal for
HIP that I will be starting on shortly that will cripple this tracking
while not interfering with mobility.  In short, there is a chain of SPIs
used.  The endpoints know the chain, and no one else. This IS a problem
with NAT traversal, but what is NOT a problem with NAT traversal?

But as you indicated, we need to think more about privacy, as hard as
that is...