Re: [Idnet] Intelligence-Defined Network Architecture and Call for Interests

"dingxiaojian (A)" <dingxiaojian1@huawei.com> Fri, 31 March 2017 01:04 UTC

From: "dingxiaojian (A)" <dingxiaojian1@huawei.com>
To: Brian E Carpenter <brian.e.carpenter@gmail.com>, Sheng Jiang <jiangsheng@huawei.com>, David Meyer <dmm@1-4-5.net>
CC: "idnet@ietf.org" <idnet@ietf.org>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2017 01:04:17 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.134.134.227]
Subject: Re: [Idnet] Intelligence-Defined Network Architecture and Call for Interests

Hi Brian,
    You are right.
     I have worked in an institute more than five years. The main work is  use ML to solve the domain problem.  However, for privacy reason, it's very hard to get some real domain data sets. So the results learned by any ML models is not reliable.
    So I think the important/first thing we do is to construct real and reliable data sets of network domain. Just like UCI repository (https://archive.ics.uci.edu/ml/datasets.html) or images datasets (https://www.cs.utah.edu/~lifeifei/datasets.html) . Only the common and real data sets are agreed with all we, different ML models can be applied to validate and predict.
   So my point is data set, not ML model.  We can select some existing models (SVM, ELM, bayes, etc) to learn different tasks. We do not research the principle of ML algorithm, but use them to slove network problems.

 Best regards,

Xiaojian