Re: [Idnet] Architecture and standard opportunities of IDN

김민석 <mskim16@etri.re.kr> Tue, 01 August 2017 09:25 UTC

From: 김민석 <mskim16@etri.re.kr>
To: yanshen <yanshen@huawei.com>, Pedro Martinez-Julia <pedro@nict.go.jp>
CC: "idnet@ietf.org" <idnet@ietf.org>
Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2017 09:25:26 +0000
x-originating-ip: [129.254.28.41]
Subject: Re: [Idnet] Architecture and standard opportunities of IDN

Dear Yansen,

Thoes are good key points!

We firslty need to set real networking model to collect data (Qos Data), then making a scenario which component of data-set can be applied with ML algorithms such as RL, RNN and etc.

It's a little hard to consider key characters for ML-based data structure to be clear, but I can make couple of opinions to the key characters of structure in aspect of ML algorithm.

1) QoS may be convert to reward for RL, but it needs learning processing time. We can set an initial period to collect information for learning process. In general, an initial period should be defined by random process in RL. After then, the data will be continuously updated.

2) Set a policy. Policy is important points for RL. It has all of the next available values for actions so that the policy is a brain involved with opimized data.

3) We should make clear of purpose for "Source-destination". Sheng has a plan to organize a dedicated session in next NMRG meeting so it may be clear for intelligent management before establishment of ML-based data structures.

Regards,

Min-Suk Kim

Senior Researcher / Ph.D.

________________________________
보낸 사람 : "yanshen" <yanshen@huawei.com>
보낸 날짜 : 2017-07-31 22:15:37 ( +09:00 )
받는 사람 : 김민석 <mskim16@etri.re.kr>, Pedro Martinez-Julia <pedro@nict.go.jp>
참조 : idnet@ietf.org <idnet@ietf.org>
제목 : RE: Architecture and standard opportunities of IDN

Dear Kim,

May you have seen that we have a consensus on the potential standardization point of data and data format.

In your experience, what the structure or feature that ML-based algorithm potentially tend to? If we have a consensus and full view in this question, the data structure may be clear.

For example, if we want to train a model with QoS data (or reward). Assume that these data can be captured via some method. Some following key characters of data structure may be needed:

-          QoS data, such as delay. It may be organized with time series/quantized (the “reward”) / ...

-          Starting-ending time. It is significant and should be differentiated.

-          Time interval. We can capture the delay values in different frequency. High frequency time series delay value may be “down-sampled” when it is used in training low frequency model.

-          Source-destination. Obviously.

-          TBD

Any other keys?

Yansen