Re: [Idnet] Architecture and standard opportunities of IDN

김민석 <mskim16@etri.re.kr> Mon, 31 July 2017 02:06 UTC

From: 김민석 <mskim16@etri.re.kr>
To: Sheng Jiang <jiangsheng@huawei.com>, "idnet@ietf.org" <idnet@ietf.org>
CC: yanshen <yanshen@huawei.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2017 02:06:12 +0000
x-originating-ip: [129.254.28.41]
Subject: Re: [Idnet] Architecture and standard opportunities of IDN

Dear Sheng,

Thank  you for giving us last IDNET side-meeting in Prague.

Many guys mentioned data-set problems in the IDN archetecture, so I strongly agree with these kinds of opinions.

BUT, we should carefully consider a ML-based algorithm set-up for Reinforcement Learning (RL) that you described in the other slide. Reward is one of the components in RL algorithm so that we should take all of the options of RL into consideration, such as which action we can take in the loop, which state should be optimized for reward, how policy will cover and dominate for learning process.

I submitted and presented our related internet draft based on RL in NMRG, Prague so that it might help to figure out more specifically. Hopefully. we are additionally able to discuss related RL setting-up more by email discussion or next meeting.

Best,

Min-Suk Kim

Senior Researcher / Ph.D.

________________________________
보낸 사람 : "Sheng Jiang" <jiangsheng@huawei.com>
보낸 날짜 : 2017-07-26 20:38:50 ( +0900 )
받는 사람 : idnet@ietf.org <idnet@ietf.org>
참조 : yanshen <yanshen@huawei.com>
제목 : [Idnet] Architecture and standard opportunities of IDN

Hi, all,

Please find the below figure that I shared in the IDN discussion meeting last week in Prague. This illustrates the IDN architecture in a very generic way. The on-site participants had the very similar understanding that the upper left box – the unified and selected data is should be the prior work towards standardization. Also, the participants shared the same opinion that the data structure may be various among use cases. So, we should keep discussing on use cases with the target to converge on one or two significant and specific use cases.
[cid:image001.png@01D30643.900DB7F0]

Regards,

Sheng