Spec document

Shehzad Merchant <merchant@erg.sri.com> Mon, 17 August 1992 22:25 UTC

Date: Mon, 17 Aug 1992 14:48:24 -0700
From: Shehzad Merchant <merchant@erg.sri.com>
To: idpr-wg@bbn.com
Subject: Spec document

In the March 92 spec, referring to the Path Control Protocol, (pg 66
last paragraph on the page), it says

"If no suitable cache entry exists, the path agent queries the route
server, providing it with the source and destination domains together
with the source policy information carried in the host message and
specified through configuration".

When it says "source policy information" above, does it mean requested
service information or actual source policy information i.e the source
policy number. I would think its the former, in which case it may be
better to rephrase that statement. If it actually means the source
policy number, then I don't see how that information would be there in
the host message.

Any comments/clarifications?

-Shehzad