Re: routing by preference

村山優子 <murayama@theta.iis.u-tokyo.ac.jp> Mon, 18 October 1993 10:09 UTC

To: idpr-wg@bbn.com
Subject: Re: routing by preference
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1993 18:41:08 -0000
Sender: ietf-archive-request@IETF.CNRI.Reston.VA.US
From: 村山優子 <murayama@theta.iis.u-tokyo.ac.jp>

Martha,

We have written some papers on our work in Japanese.
I 'll try to produce an English version.
We wrote a paper on problem description of routing by preference
in the beginning of this year for SIGCOMM, but the work was not
developed fully at that time, and the paper was failed.
Since then, we have researched more concrete problem
and would like to present it.

The problem might be solved by IDPR straight away.
Concurrently we enjoy modelling the routing.

> When you say multiple virtual links between domains do you means
> multiple virtual gateways between domains or multiple virtual links
> across a given domain between virtual gateways?

I think that I meant both of them.
Thank you for your explanation of IDPR.

The reason why I wondered  the use of management tools
was that we are not sure wheather transit domains would
provide source/destination domains with all the
intra-AD cost information  necessary for routing by preference.
Preference is end sites' matter, and the transit ADs might not care
of it and would not be cooperative enough.  Therefore, I thought
that end sites might use monitoring tools to get some intra-AD cost
information of those non-cooperative domains.

Yuko