Subject: [Idr] Re: [Core] draft-haas-idr-bgp-attribute-escape-04 - WG Adoption call (6/2 to 6/16/2026).
From: Jeffrey Haas <[email-masked]>
To: Robert Raszuk <[email-masked]>, Susan Hares <[email-masked]>
Cc: "idr@ietf. org" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2026 09:19:08 -0400
List-Id: Inter-Domain Routing <idr.ietf.org>

Robert,

On 6/4/26 20:00, Robert Raszuk wrote:
> Understand that we need to learn what's problematic to later encourage 
> solutions.
>
> But at min IMHO I would expect such an Informational doc to contain a 
> two dimensional matrix indicating which attributes should be called as 
> fugitives escaping original ASN on a per AFI/SAFI bases.

https://github.com/jhaas-pfrc/draft-haas-idr-bgp-attribute-escape/issues/4

I think documenting the things we know are currently problematic is a 
reasonable item for the appendix.

The goal for this document is not to be a solutions document. We've had 
a fair number of such documents that we're both authors on that haven't 
gotten specific traction yet.  Instead, it's to make sure there's a 
stable reference for this intrinsic property of BGP that protocol 
developers have gotten repeatedly wrong over the years with operational 
consequences.

-- Jeff