Re: [Idr] Barry Leiba's Discuss on draft-ietf-idr-flow-spec-v6-17: (with DISCUSS and COMMENT)

Susan Hares <shares@ndzh.com> Sun, 01 November 2020 03:20 UTC

From: Susan Hares <shares@ndzh.com>
To: 'Barry Leiba' <barryleiba@computer.org>, 'The IESG' <iesg@ietf.org>
Cc: draft-ietf-idr-flow-spec-v6@ietf.org, idr-chairs@ietf.org, idr@ietf.org, 'Jie Dong' <jie.dong@huawei.com>, aretana.ietf@gmail.com
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2020 23:19:46 -0400
Subject: Re: [Idr] Barry Leiba's Discuss on draft-ietf-idr-flow-spec-v6-17: (with DISCUSS and COMMENT)

Barry:

It's an editorial error rather than a simple typo.   We edited the original abstract to provide a shorter text after comments from Alvaro, and it is now confusing.
-----------
Old/
   Dissemination of Flow Specification Rules provides a Border Gateway
   Protocol extension for the propagation of traffic flow information
   for the purpose of rate limiting or filtering IPv4 protocol data
   packets.

    This document extends I-D.ietf-idr-rfc5575bis with IPv6
   functionality.  It also updates I-D.ietf-idr-rfc5575bis by changing
   the IANA Flow Spec Component Types registry.
/
New/
   The Dissemination of Flow Specification Rules [I-D.ietf-idr-rfc5575bis]
   provides an Border Gateway Protocol extension for the propagation of traffic flow information
   for the purpose of rate limiting or filtering IPv4 protocol data
   packets.

   This document extends I-D.ietf-idr-rfc5575bis with IPv6
   functionality.  It also updates I-D.ietf-idr-rfc5575bis by changing
   the IANA Flow Spec Component Types registry.
/

Thanks for catching this error early.   We'll quickly change that error.

The remainder of the errors are commented below.

Thank you for your early comments.

Sue