Re: [Idr] Current affiliation of IDR WG chair

"Susan Hares" <shares@ndzh.com> Fri, 07 June 2019 17:44 UTC

From: Susan Hares <shares@ndzh.com>
To: "'idr@ietf. org'" <idr@ietf.org>
Date: Fri, 07 Jun 2019 13:43:58 -0400
Subject: Re: [Idr] Current affiliation of IDR WG chair

IDR folks:

The post regarding the affiliation of your idr WG chair was to keep all of us focused on the IDR technical discussions.

Due to the fine work by lots of IDR members and BGP implementers, we have a full plate of draft ready for adoption and WG LC. John and I are working hard to pass all the drafts which have past WG LC and have implementations to the IESG.

My post was only tactical to relieve any nagging legal concerns.

For those wanting additional information, this is the email to read.

If not, I hope your delete key works.  (smile).

I think the lesson for everyone is that "this too shall pass".

Input from several of the IDR members is that they hope if moves on very quickly.

Sue Hares

Short version.

Alvaro mentioned the IETF Admin LLC Board of Directors chair message.  I've included it below.

IEEE lawyers first halted review of Huawei documents (in accordance with very conservative reading of the US Department).  IEEE upon receiving an official ruling, pulled back that restriction.

IETF information (contributed by Sandy Murphy)