Re: [Idr] Solicit feedbacks on draft-dong-idr-end-of-rib-use-extension

Jakob Heitz <jakob.heitz@ericsson.com> Wed, 10 August 2011 02:16 UTC

From: Jakob Heitz <jakob.heitz@ericsson.com>
To: Jie Dong <jie.dong@huawei.com>, Enke Chen <enkechen@cisco.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2011 22:16:31 -0400
acceptlanguage: en-US
Cc: "idr@ietf.org" <idr@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [Idr] Solicit feedbacks on draft-dong-idr-end-of-rib-use-extension

Jie,

When a BGP speaker advertises the GR capability without
including any <AFI,SAFI> it is saying to the peer:
I will send an EOR when my initial update is complete and
I MAY retain your routes when you restart.

When a BGP speaker advertises your extension,
it is saying to the peer:
I will send an EOR when my initial update is complete and
I WILL NOT retain your routes when you restart.

I think. Is that correct?

Can you state a use case where the difference matters?

--
Jakob Heitz.