Re: [Idr] Working group adoption call for draft-snijders-idr-deprecate-30-31-129

"Susan Hares" <shares@ndzh.com> Fri, 04 November 2016 15:14 UTC

From: Susan Hares <shares@ndzh.com>
To: "'t.petch'" <ietfc@btconnect.com>, "'John G. Scudder'" <jgs@juniper.net>, 'Robert Raszuk' <robert@raszuk.net>
Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2016 11:11:46 -0400
Cc: 'IETF IDR Working Group' <idr@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [Idr] Working group adoption call for draft-snijders-idr-deprecate-30-31-129

Tom:

<WG chair hat on>
The IETF list discussion of RFC5226bis is the right place to make progress
on this work.   Alvaro Retana (the AD for IDR) has agreed to help push this
along as well.  Send Alvaro notes on your concerns.   With a reference to
RFC5226bis, then draft-snijders-idr-deprecate-30-31-129 will be able to
"deprecate" the code points at this point.  When the RFC5226bis comes out,
Michelle Cotton (and all the great folks at IANA) will adjust the tables.

<WG Chair hat off>
<individual contributor hat on>
As the IDR list has indicated, deprecate needs to be carefully defined.  I
appreciate you working on this topic on the IETF list.  Otherwise, we'll
have this conversation again with 2-3 years.
</individual contributor hat off>

Sue Hares