Re: [Idr] Update on advancement of rfc5575bis draft, implementations

Christoph Loibl <c@tix.at> Sun, 19 May 2019 11:16 UTC

From: Christoph Loibl <c@tix.at>
Date: Sun, 19 May 2019 11:15:57 +0000
Cc: John Scudder <jgs=40juniper.net@dmarc.ietf.org>, "draft-ietf-idr-rfc5575bis@ietf.org" <draft-ietf-idr-rfc5575bis@ietf.org>, "idr@ietf.org" <idr@ietf.org>
To: Jeffrey Haas <jhaas@pfrc.org>
Subject: Re: [Idr] Update on advancement of rfc5575bis draft, implementations

Hi,

I fully agree with Jeffrey’s comments.

However, I do not 100% understand the correct process regarding the traffic-rate-packets code-point. If we want to assign it from the IETF review code space do we need to ship the RFC first (if this is the case, I sense a deadlock condition)?

While we are sitting here waiting, Thomas merged my Github pull request (treat-as-withdraw Section 11) into ExaBGP and I am only waiting for a code-point to file another pull request for the traffic-rate-packets action (commiting the source without a proper cp seems to be rather unpopular ;-)

How can we proceed here?

Cheers Christoph

--
Christoph Loibl