[Idr] Benoit Claise's No Objection on draft-ietf-idr-ix-bgp-route-server-11: (with COMMENT)

"Benoit Claise" <bclaise@cisco.com> Wed, 15 June 2016 15:01 UTC

From: Benoit Claise <bclaise@cisco.com>
To: The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2016 08:01:04 -0700
Cc: idr@ietf.org, idr-chairs@ietf.org, shares@ndzh.com, draft-ietf-idr-ix-bgp-route-server@ietf.org
Subject: [Idr] Benoit Claise's No Objection on draft-ietf-idr-ix-bgp-route-server-11: (with COMMENT)

Benoit Claise has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-idr-ix-bgp-route-server-11: No Objection

introductory paragraph, however.)

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-ix-bgp-route-server/

COMMENT:

>From an operational point of view, when an ISP wants to go change from
bilateral interconnections to the multilateral interconnection within one
IXP, is this correct to say that all bilateral interconnections should be
removed?
So that basically the ISP must chose between the two models, and not
combined them? If this is the case, it should be mentioned.
I thought it was clear to me until I saw figure 1: The dotted line is the
IXP or the IXP Route Server?
At first glance, I thought that it was the IXP and that AS1 was connected
to the IXP Route Server while still having a bilateral connection with
AS4.
I hope now that the dotted line is the IXP Route Server, otherwise I've
confused.