Subject: [Idr] Éric Vyncke's Abstain on draft-ietf-idr-link-bandwidth-20: (with COMMENT)
From: Éric Vyncke via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
To: "The IESG" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2025 06:22:08 -0800
List-Id: Inter-Domain Routing <idr.ietf.org>

Éric Vyncke has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-idr-link-bandwidth-20: Abstain

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/about/groups/iesg/statements/handling-ballot-positions/ 
for more information about how to handle DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-link-bandwidth/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for the work done in this document. I am balloting ABSTAIN because the
use of "SHOULD" in section 3 should have been a "MUST" (AFAIK all
implementations support it), there are also a lot of "out of scope" statements.

Previous ballot is at
https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/idr/7a2LdYQ9HiN1Wt3gppg1aw53nqs/ and I
note that not all COMMENTs were fixed (albeit replied to by email).