Re: [Idr] Benjamin Kaduk's Discuss on draft-ietf-idr-tunnel-encaps-20: (with DISCUSS and COMMENT)

Susan Hares <shares@ndzh.com> Thu, 03 December 2020 15:00 UTC

From: Susan Hares <shares@ndzh.com>
To: 'Alvaro Retana' <aretana.ietf@gmail.com>, 'Benjamin Kaduk' <kaduk@mit.edu>
Cc: idr@ietf.org, 'Benjamin Kaduk via Datatracker' <noreply@ietf.org>, 'The IESG' <iesg@ietf.org>, idr-chairs@ietf.org, draft-ietf-idr-tunnel-encaps@ietf.org
Date: Thu, 03 Dec 2020 09:59:43 -0500
Subject: Re: [Idr] Benjamin Kaduk's Discuss on draft-ietf-idr-tunnel-encaps-20: (with DISCUSS and COMMENT)

Ben:

The statement of "a review of Section 8.3.1 of RFC 8365 is called for" regarding the split horizon procedures”.

Is providing a specific detail to the common phrase  "the combination of the two is out of scope for this document".

Why did we do this? There are new drafts documents in the BESS pipeline that suggest putting the two together so it was a hint for these new documents where to look for issues.

Sue