[Idr] Éric Vyncke's No Objection on draft-ietf-idr-bgp-ls-segment-routing-msd-17: (with COMMENT)

Éric Vyncke via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org> Wed, 06 May 2020 14:43 UTC

From: =?utf-8?q?=C3=89ric_Vyncke_via_Datatracker?= <noreply@ietf.org>
To: "The IESG" <iesg@ietf.org>
Cc: draft-ietf-idr-bgp-ls-segment-routing-msd@ietf.org, idr-chairs@ietf.org, idr@ietf.org, Susan Hares <shares@ndzh.com>, aretana.ietf@gmail.com, shares@ndzh.com
Date: Wed, 06 May 2020 07:43:09 -0700
Subject: [Idr] =?utf-8?q?=C3=89ric_Vyncke=27s_No_Objection_on_draft-ietf-?= =?utf-8?q?idr-bgp-ls-segment-routing-msd-17=3A_=28with_COMMENT=29?=

Éric Vyncke has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-idr-bgp-ls-segment-routing-msd-17: No Objection

introductory paragraph, however.)

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-bgp-ls-segment-routing-msd/

COMMENT:

Thank you for the work put into this document. The document is easy to read
albeit a little unclear about its focus (see my comments below).

I am always positively amazed how BGP can be used as a signaling protocol for
new use cases :-)

Please find below a couple of non-blocking COMMENTs.

I hope that this helps to improve the document,

Regards,

-éric

== COMMENTS ==

-- Section 1 --
In "doesn't exceed the number of SIDs the node is capable of imposing.", is it
"imposing" or "processing" ? Esp. when section 1.1.1 uses the word "supported"
and "label imposition" does not really fit SRv6.

If this document is only about SR-MPLS, then please modify title, abstract, and
introduction to reflect this focus.

-- Section 3 --
Unsure whether "MSD values may be learned via a hardware API or may be
provisioned. " provides any added value.

While it is unclear to me whether this document applies only to SR-MPLS, but,
if it applies also to SRv6, then is it required to be able to advertise to MSD
per node ? One for SR-MPLS and one for SRv6?