Subject: [Idr] WG LC on changes for draft-ietf-idr-bgp-model-20 (6/26 to 7/10/2026)
From: Susan Hares <[email-masked]>
To: "idr@ietf. org" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2026 00:37:52 +0000
List-Id: Inter-Domain Routing <idr.ietf.org>

This is a WG LC on the post-WG LC changes on draft-ietf-idr-bgp-model-20.txt from 6/26 to 7/10/2026.   The changes were described by Jeff in an email:
https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/idr/xCqXCxt5MLPMVDoVmmdAafnbLxk/

Since all three IDR Chairs (Sue, Jeff, and Keyur) are co-authors, Ketan (IDR WG's Routing Area Director) will call consensus on this WG LC.  Jie Dong is the shepherd for the review

Cheerily,
Sue Hares

===================================

Copy of Jeff's comments on changes:

This version of the module resolves the last lingering bits of work:

- Update to the neighbor key to be able to be able to use non-IP
configuration to satisfy BIRD use cases.

- The addition of semantic versioning numbers, which will become the
norm for IETF YANG modules shortly.

- Fix a few small nits from prior reviews.

- The majority of the document churn was to properly handle current IANA
considerations for YANG modules:

  + The IANA modules have been moved to the appendices according to
current practice.  They will be removed from the RFC before publication.

   + Instructions to IANA about how the modules should be maintained
have been added to the draft.

   + The instructions motivated a split of some of the contents: IANA
modules targeting a specific item to be maintained. Some items
previously in IANA modules that are expected to be stable have been
moved back into ietf- maintained modules.

Thanks especially to Mahesh for this round of edits.