Re: [Idr] Benjamin Kaduk's Discuss on draft-ietf-idr-tunnel-encaps-20: (with DISCUSS and COMMENT)

Benjamin Kaduk <kaduk@mit.edu> Mon, 11 January 2021 22:58 UTC

Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2021 14:58:08 -0800
From: Benjamin Kaduk <kaduk@mit.edu>
To: John Scudder <jgs@juniper.net>
Cc: The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>, "draft-ietf-idr-tunnel-encaps@ietf.org" <draft-ietf-idr-tunnel-encaps@ietf.org>, "idr-chairs@ietf.org" <idr-chairs@ietf.org>, "idr@ietf.org" <idr@ietf.org>, "aretana.ietf@gmail.com" <aretana.ietf@gmail.com>, Hares Susan <shares@ndzh.com>
Subject: Re: [Idr] Benjamin Kaduk's Discuss on draft-ietf-idr-tunnel-encaps-20: (with DISCUSS and COMMENT)

Hi John,

Sorry for the delayed reply; I managed to get in a nice relaxing holiday
vacation, but with formal telechats on either side of it I neglected my
inbox...

Thank you for digging into and writing up the subtleties involved here.
I agree with your overall assessment and plan, and will go clear my Discuss
shortly.  I might consider having the §3.7 text read no implication that
the prefix-SID for the advertised prefix is the same as seen by the BGP
speaker that originated the sub-TLV and the BGP speaker that received it"
to talk even less about "Segment Routing domains" in that location, but I
am not 100% confident that would be accurate, so please use your judgment.

Thanks again,

Ben