Re: [Idr] Thoughts on https://www.ietf.org/id/draft-hares-idr-bgp-registries-01.txt

"Susan Hares" <shares@ndzh.com> Tue, 14 March 2017 17:23 UTC

From: Susan Hares <shares@ndzh.com>
To: adrian@olddog.co.uk
Cc: idr@ietf.org
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2017 13:18:26 -0400
Subject: Re: [Idr] Thoughts on https://www.ietf.org/id/draft-hares-idr-bgp-registries-01.txt

Adrian:

Thank you for this analysis.  This proposal was aimed at #2.  For the
education in #1, see Jeff Haas' slides from the last IETF.   Your comments
on what Chair's need to do are helpful comments.  For getting early
allocations,  I still believe the WG needs to be in the process.  I agree we
need to work on "why" people squat.  For this, I hope we will have a good
discussion on IDR and Grow  - at the very least.

Sue