Re: bgp4-17 5.1.3 immediate next hop

Alex Zinin <azinin@nexsi.com> Fri, 11 January 2002 16:41 UTC

Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 08:39:32 -0800
From: Alex Zinin <azinin@nexsi.com>
To: Tom Petch <nwnetworks@dial.pipex.com>
Cc: idr@merit.edu
Subject: Re: bgp4-17 5.1.3 immediate next hop
Sender: owner-idr@merit.edu

Tom,

 I think you might have gotten confused with terms, i.e., what
 resolves something and what gets resolved.

 We resolve an address (specifically the address in the NEXT_HOP
 attribute) to a direct next-hop address. We do this by performing
 a routing table look up for the address to be resolved.
 The route that gives us the result is the resolving route.

--
Alex Zinin