[Idr] Shepherd's review of draft-ietf-idr-te-pm-bgp

"Susan Hares" <shares@ndzh.com> Thu, 04 October 2018 19:29 UTC

From: Susan Hares <shares@ndzh.com>
To: idr@ietf.org
Cc: "'Les Ginsberg (ginsberg)'" <ginsberg@cisco.com>, draft-ietf-idr-te-pm-bgp@ietf.org
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2018 15:29:19 -0400
Subject: [Idr] Shepherd's review of draft-ietf-idr-te-pm-bgp

Les, Stefano, Qin, Jeff, and Clarence:

This document is generally in excellent shape.   I note the following four
things need to be fixed prior to submitting this to Alvaro Retana:

1)      Editorial:

Page 3 states "Unidirectional Packet Loss", but section 3.4 says
"Unidirectional Link Loss TLV"

Please fix this editorial error.  It is a requirement for sending to the
IESG for publication

2)      Security Section - Consider whether you want to add additional
comments in your security section about the distribution of IGP TE
information in BGP.   Even if the node inputted the data into BGP-LS has the
appropriate permissions, BGP blindly sends this to the entire BGP
infrastructure supporting BGP-LS guided only by policy set on nodes.  Is
this what you want?

If so, I will forward this to the security directorate for their review.

3)      We do not have any implementations reported.

Please put the existence of the implementation on the BGP Wiki - under
implementation reports.

4)      An IPR statement directly from Clarence Fils on this draft.  John
approved the WG LC based on a related IPR statement, but I fear this will
not be sufficient for the current IESG.  Please as Clarence to respond to
this email with an IPR Statement.

The Shepherd's report is online.  This document will stay in "Waiting
implementation" until John or I receive a report on 2 implementations.
Please place this on the Wiki.

Cheerily, Susan Hares