Re: [Idr] draft-minto-idr-bgp-autodiscovery

Susan Hares <shares@ndzh.com> Thu, 29 July 2021 22:17 UTC

From: Susan Hares <shares@ndzh.com>
To: 'Jeffrey Haas' <jhaas@pfrc.org>, 'Robert Raszuk' <robert@raszuk.net>
Cc: "'idr@ietf. org'" <idr@ietf.org>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2021 18:17:40 -0400
Subject: Re: [Idr] draft-minto-idr-bgp-autodiscovery

Jeff and Robert:

[WG chair hat on]
Thank you for your public discussion regarding
draft-minto-idr-bgp-autodiscovery.

Please note that IDR WG chairs gathered from the
6/21/2021 interim on auto-configuration and
the mail list information that we will adopt
draft-ietf-idr-bgp-autoconf-considerations-01.txt.
The WG adoption period on this requirements
draft will close on 7/30 (tomorrow).

In my status messages, I have indicated
that proposals would be accepted for
bgp auto-configurations proposals
that align with this requirements
document for the DC.  I hope that past
proposals who wish to be considered
will revise their technologies
and resubmit their proposals.

We will be having an interim on 10/11/2021
to discuss proposals for BGP auto-configuration.
Please consider revising/creating a proposal
and asking for a slot.  Publication of your
proposal in August or September may help you
get feedback prior to this meeting.
[WG chair hat off]
[individual contributor hat on]
I agree with Jeff's analysis of the drafts.

Cheers, Sue