Re: [Idr] I-D Action: draft-ietf-idr-bgp-model-06.txt

<stephane.litkowski@orange.com> Fri, 14 June 2019 13:56 UTC

From: stephane.litkowski@orange.com
To: "idr@ietf.org" <idr@ietf.org>
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2019 13:56:20 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.114.13.247]
Subject: Re: [Idr] I-D Action: draft-ietf-idr-bgp-model-06.txt

Hi,

It's been a long time since I have looked at this model, please find some comments below. Some points may have already been discussed in some threads I may have missed, sorry for that if it is the case :)
- we need to have a consistent naming between protocols on how we call the "admin distance"/"preference", some models use "preference" or "distance", now we have "default-route-distance".
- Similar comment to " use-multiple-paths"
- I found strange to have remote-as and peer-as for example in the same hierarchy. It is a bit confusing especially because two vendors today are using one or the other in their CLI to configure the AS of the peer. Can't we have a subtree with the operational informations to solve this ?
- There is an inconsistent naming between keepalive-interval and keep-alive-configured (why an additional "-" ?)
- what happens when " route-reflector-cluster-id" is not set while "route-reflector-client" is set to true ? which cluster-id is used ?
- regarding add-path, does the model supports only "add-n-path" flavor ? (not add-all-paths)
- do "total-paths" and "total-prefixes" reaaly mean something for a peer-group ?
- is that the role of the core BGP model to define the LxVPN AFs ? Is this done in coordination with LxVPN/EVPN yang model teams ?
- could we have "MED" path selection tuning options as part of " route-selection-options" ?
- LLGR is missing while useful and deployed
- I do not see the AIGP capability activation per neighbor
- what's the difference between hold-time and hold-time-configured (same for keepalive) as both are configurable leaves ? Do you have a min-holdtime option which is deployed and very useful ?
- I was expecting "clear" actions to be RPCs

Brgds,

Stephane